1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Do you think they would release new colors for an existing model or would they just wait until a new model comes out.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Ford have just realeased 2 new colours for the AU2.

Narooma Blue (been out for about 2 months now) replaced Galaxy
and Barossa Red (From August Build) replaced Regency.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Lets hope Ford brings some adventuress colours for the AV aswell as some good wheel desighns. Those will make any lowered car look the goods.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I for one hope that they release the Falc in a good solid darkish Yellow. (Not some pansy faided light yellow ie Hyundai)
Ever seeing a pic in wheels mag that wasn't right of the AU when it was released, I've wanted yellow.(all red's in article came out yellow).
This with black badging, window blackouts would look great I reckon.

Russell.:cool: (Richmond F.C. supporter) ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Rastus said:
Russell.:cool: (Richmond F.C. supporter) ;)
Good win last night too.. Finals bound me thinks.. :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have seen both the orange and yellow for the VX2 on S packs running around Canberra. They don't look that good.

G

·
0 Posts
I hope they do bring out some new colours, sort of getting tired of the same red , blue , white and silver.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
What do you guys think of the old "Cobalt Blue" in the EB-ED's?
I reckon this would be a great to re-introduce. :rolleyes:
Always looked clean and stood out from other colours.

Did Ford have a problem with it in the end which led to it being dropped?

Russell. ( yes it was a good win FM.)

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Had an ED Fairmont in the Cobalt Blue & loved it. It was a bit soft and was a bugger for spray painters to match but I beleive that ultimatly it was the relative expense of the paint which forced Ford to drop the colour.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
just on the subject of colors..here's a couple I quickly slapped together based on my modified TE50..;)

This 1st one is a blue/green color..

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
DRU842 said:
Had an ED Fairmont in the Cobalt Blue & loved it. It was a bit soft and was a bugger for spray painters to match but I beleive that ultimatly it was the relative expense of the paint which forced Ford to drop the colour.
I think this was the same deal as Polynesian Green, abit of a bastard to match the paint, i've seen the colours needed for it, Blue, Silver, White, more Blue, another silver, Green :eek: :eek: :eek: Painters nightmare, hell my front spoiler doesn't match the colour of the guard. :( :( :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
JEM said:
just on the subject of colors..here's a couple I quickly slapped together based on my modified TE50..;)

This 1st one is a blue/green color..
This one is a nice colour, question is how much blending is required when one of the panels gets bent.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The first colour is very nice and the second is not that bad:cool:

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I was also a big fan of Cobalt blue. I think there is deffinatly a market for a bluey purple colour for the next couple of years. Apparently Holden are doing one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts