Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hundreds of photos that i want to reduce the image size then quality of. Currently i use photoshop and GO IMAGE SIZE ------> THEN SAVE AS -----> THEN JPEG etc etc.

this takes me @%@#[email protected]#$#@ ages and makes me go :wnc:

is there a program that will do this, or can i setup p.s to do a heap of commands with a couple of keystrokes ????

or am i just dreaming ??????

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
could find an automatic thumbnailer with which you can set a size, point it to the directory and let it rip, I used to have one but have lost it (and can't remember the name) will do a search see if i can find something

:edit: look at this link here http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=thumbnailer&tg=dl-2001&search=+Go!+ , they all seem to be free to try, so download one and give it a go

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why not record the process as an Action and then run the Action as a Batch to process the whole folder of photos.....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
the power toys resizer that Aussie Falcon is the best.
most handy tool :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
To set the Action,
Open one of the files you wish to alter, click on the Record button in the Actions palette then do whatever you need to do: Resize/Resolution etc. then do a save as... and change the file type to JPEG from the pull down menu and click OK.
Now press Stop in the Actions palette.
Depending on what version of Photoshop you are using (version 7?), go to the File menu and select Automate, then Batch and select the Action that you used on your first file, then select the folder containing the images you want to convert and the destination of the converted files and click OK - then go and have a cold drink and presto - all the time consuming work is done!!!! (Well hopefully, unless I have left something out ;-) ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts