Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
what it will run will vary on a lot of fundamentals.

is the racer experienced?
street tires or DR's?
track condition?

many other things will make a difference.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
it would be a guess. what hp are you pushing out at the rearwheel?

i would say low 11's maybe high 10's without knowing hp ratings. this also will flux with temps and track conditions. Could be faster than that as well.

my impy is running low 11's, but i am looking at close to 580 at the rear wheel. my main probs are traction. I am looking at installing a custom IRS.

·
Mustang Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not know what the hp is. There are no rear wheel dynos around central MO that I know of. I saw a similar setup run easy 12.50's w/ traction problems though. What is an "impy"? Got a picture?
TH

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
this is my Impala

this is an impy. If you have not figured by now i am not a ford owner. i am an auto enthusiast.

my beasst below...yes that is me at the wheel

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Where are the center caps John!?!?

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Also, i was going to add the porsche brake's for the front and rear, but alas i got laid off again on Friday. So there goes my Autox fun. Was heading to MotorsportsRanch for some fun, but my brakes are fading bad i had to bleed them between races the last time i was out of there. Did get to run my friends Porsche. It was soo much fun!

any way.. until i fond a job i am not gonna be racing. Figures the weather gets cooler and better. Ohh well

·
Mustang Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I hope I don't get shot saying this on a Ford Forum.
"That's/those are nice cars". I like em'. Big family car with some umph to back up the badges.
TH

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Hey,
What engine does that have in it?? How much hp... what mods?? etc.... :damack:

·
Vintage Mustang Member
19 Posts
Yep...I do a little drag racing. Just a hobby, nothing serious. Here is a picture...

347 CI, C4 with a 4.33 gear set.
1/4 mile best:10.09
1/8 mile best: 6.367
60 foot best: 1.360
Best mile per hr: 134.69

LunaticSS...580 rwhp...almost 700 at the crank...give us some more details on the set-up.

Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts