Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the MMS is a week away, does anyone think there will be some drip fed info before the show or it will be all saved til then?

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
Wait for the show; The stuff that was released was designed to generate interest at the show. seeing it won't be out on sale until October, we'll be getting drips and drabs from the show date onwards I think?

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
Well a friend of mine who knows the hairdresser of David Flint's next door neighbour's cousin told me that the TYPHOON 2 will be released shortly after the TYPHOON.

It will be 350kw, 8speed gearbox weighing 1200kg, cost $40,000 and do 11.0 seconds 400m. Topspeed is 310km/h and it gets 5l/100km city cycle.
It will have a 10 year 500,000km warranty and the warranty will cover any mods to the engine provided that it does not exceed 2000kw below 1000rpm.
The new technology "Cybertyres" will have 2 modes, burnout and drag.

Burnout mode will leave huge black marks even on mud and emit copius quantities of smoke.
Drag mode will grip like araldite on any surface.

In order to protect the public it will have a "reverse baseball cap detector" built into every component. This safety breakthrough will disable 5 sparkplugs rendering the vehicle back to the Hyundai performance levels suitable for these drivers.

You will not hear much about it as it will be held back by marketing so as not to interfere with TYPHOON sales.

Tonight I am going to find about the TYPHOON 3..........

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
flappist said:
Well a friend of mine who knows the hairdresser of David Flint's next door neighbour's cousin told me that the TYPHOON 2 will be released shortly after the TYPHOON.

It will be 350kw, 8speed gearbox weighing 1200kg, cost $40,000 and do 11.0 seconds 400m. Topspeed is 310km/h and it gets 5l/100km city cycle.
It will have a 10 year 500,000km warranty and the warranty will cover any mods to the engine provided that it does not exceed 2000kw below 1000rpm.

Burnout mode will leave huge black marks even on mud and emit copius quantities of smoke.

In order to protect the public it will have a "reverse baseball cap detector" built into every component. This safety breakthrough will disable 5 sparkplugs rendering the vehicle back to the Hyundai performance levels suitable for these drivers.

You will not hear much about it as it will be held back by marketing so as not to interfere with TYPHOON sales.

Sounds impressive! Maybe it's gonna be a V10!

·
Registered
177 Posts
flappist said:

jesus!!!
this is going to be one awesome car!!
the technology is amazing
go ford!!
keep us posted on the typhoon 3
cheers
Cam

·
L pLater
104 Posts
flappist said:

lol i hope your just being sarcastic

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
flappist said:
If only this was available on VL Commodores........

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
smciner1 said:
If only this was available on VL Commodores........
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Classic Shane!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
flappist said:

Your hairdressers mate didn't tell you that there is no series 2 TYPHOON.. After the 1st one, it’s going to be called the Cyclone...
lol
anyone want to quess what name after that..

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
It will possibly be displayed at the FPV day on the 29th of this month.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
flappist said:

hahah...this is funny. It shows that a few V8 boys are going to be pissed off because they know their $70k "flagship" models are going to be out gunned by a "crappy" 6 with a hairdryer on it thats "only" worth a modest $55k (approx).

As a matter of fact, I hope the Typhoon will be the best and fastest model in the FPV range. GT stands for Grand Touring...right?

I loooove V8's and all, but the mentality of some people just because an engine doesn't have a certain amount of cylinders is just stupid.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts

·
L pLater
104 Posts
Charliewool said:
OMG, And I HOPE YOU are? :AAHHH:
wasen't quite sure what to think cos of the other comments and obviously they were also being sarcastic

·
flappist said:

That sounds fully shick man, i wonders if you's can disable the backwards cap thingie, my hat only fits backwards, so if you can i can drag off all my mates in those hyundais and stuff, that will be real wicked as bro

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:
hahah...this is funny. It shows that a few V8 boys are going to be pissed off because they know their $70k "flagship" models are going to be out gunned by a "crappy" 6 with a hairdryer on it thats "only" worth a modest $55k (approx).

As a matter of fact, I hope the Typhoon will be the best and fastest model in the FPV range. GT stands for Grand Touring...right?

I loooove V8's and all, but the mentality of some people just because an engine doesn't have a certain amount of cylinders is just stupid.
Mate how can a model superseed a GT.The history behind the name is alone more important to me than some 1/4 mile time.I am sure you are very young and have no knowledge on the Heritage of the GT.And to call it a Crappy 6 these cars are both awesome and have there own title in the Ford line up.I love fast cars but also respect the history behind these great cars.Hopefully in many years to come the XR6T gets it's own little place in history as i am sure it will.

·
mmm...kilomawatts...aargh
1,061 Posts
The experience of driving/owning a GT isn't just about driving fast, it's a total package. How many times have you quickly turned your head because of a V8 howling somewhere nearby? Try taking one for a drive, I'm sure you'll like it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts