Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felicity, Geoff, David (H.J)..... There is a confirmed rumour in Sydney that there will be a limited edition, or limited run 260kw XR8 due for release in Sep 2001. This info was given to me by a Ford Dealer.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes I have and we spent some time on this board talking about a suitable name and stuff but nothing any more substantial than that. It is a strong rumour and dealers are supposedly asking some owners if they might be interested!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have missed that thread.
without dobbing in the dealer and all, I have seen some figures on the weekend which I assume ARE GENUINE....although I've never had any drama's from these guy's.
But if you've heard and so have a few others, then it must be true.
hey pete not to late to cancel..he he

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Definitely sounds like the stroker Doc. Just what's needed to inject some life into the brand, and inject fear into the LS1 guys.
mmm.."hey Guido, watch me blow this XR8 maaate. I dunno Con, this one goes really gooood maate.What's that badge on the back say?"
Things are on the up & up.
Russell.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
The only reason I have heard of anything is that I had approached my dealer sometime ago saying I could be interested in the next GT as I thought it might come out at the end of this year. All I have been told is the rumours everyone has heard. One of the sales guys was holidaying in Melbourne and must of heard it from someone.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
NO worries HSE, happens alot. :cool:
Good amount of power I guess but pales in comparison when I compare it to my old GT which had 420+ hp. Now that pushed you back in the seat. I miss it now. I still smile when I think of it on the dyno in Bendigo.(Speci Hill for anyone knowing the area) where it wound it off the clock at 4000rpm. (only went to 230kw).Still had 3 grand to go....sorry got to get in the now.
Very good considering they have to adhere to ADR's, regs pollution and so on. Not just a case of wacking in a monster cam and opening up the heads any more, but not that far from it.
Russell.:D

·
BA XR6T
111 Posts
I've often seen people ask about Kw to Horsepower conversions - all u do is divide the number of Kw by 0.746
:rolleyes:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I've often seen people ask about Kw to Horsepower conversions - all u do is divide th

Or you can just add 34% to the number of KW

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Oh bugger.....
Here I am excited about 220kW, and they will probably do 260. Bye bye resale.
One question that begs asking though. Do you think it may be auto only? And what price premium would those of you that are REALLY buyers of these cars be prepared to pay?

I would be glad to pay to the Luxury Tax Threshold provided some options were included. Then again, I think it may be a tight squeeze fitting a hipo XR between current XR8 at $46k and TE at $54k.

IMO, the idea of a stroker XR8 doesn't make sense if TE is going to be reborn in stroker configuration. There must be some serious decision making going on at Ford! Geoff P is going to go totally bald worrying about all this stuff (LOL)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There are going to be people out there that would prefer th Xr front to the Te, not withstanding any improvement being made.

Comes down to marketing. As I have said before a top shelf XR8 in limited proportions is a good idea in my opinion. T series a bit more up market the XR to cash in on the race track investment because of the visual link. Has to have a good name and has to be a limited run. Would hate to see an option on XR that could bring it to with in t spec!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Do you think it may be auto only?
If it's gunna be auto only then I reckon it's a waste of time. XR means performance to me. I don't see auto as my idea of a whiz bang performance car. Auto should be an option no question, but it should come with both auto and manual.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Let the good times roll.

Hey is that tyre smoke I see from Broadmedows? Or Holden reading the future Falcon sales from the Bend?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts