Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a whole bunch of guys from LS1.com heading there for the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone here was planning to go?

If so, it'd be great to put loyalties aside for one night, and meet up to drink a whole lot of beers :) I can't remember the name of the pub we went to last year, but all the drivers + teams ended up there on the sunday night (it's on the corner, near heaps of restaraunts - someone might know the place - Irish pub maybe??).

http://208.238.17.66/ls1forum/Forum29/HTML/001310.html

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I'm trying to dig up some necessary funds to make it there but don't count on it. If I do make it there I'll put aside my no drinking rule for the night :D

By the way Hobbes I see you have a member there thinkin of puttin the Nissan turbo in an LC, thets a guy from my dorm, Holden nut.... I recruited him for you guys ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The pub sounds like PJ's. I'm hopeing to be playing in the mud down in VIC. Great little cafe at the RedHill shops if you want to have a good meal.

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DONUT KING said:
By the way Hobbes I see you have a member there thinkin of puttin the Nissan turbo in an LC, thets a guy from my dorm, Holden nut.... I recruited him for you guys ;)
Scary! I thought ya woulda tried converting him! :D

BTW - one of the freakiest cars I've seen in a long time was Ford powered - a little 1972 Toyota Corrola with a GT Falcon 302 Windsor under the front! Still running on the original 13" wheels and completely street legal! Conversions can be scary :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Hobbes said:

Scary! I thought ya woulda tried converting him! :D

I tried but beating my head against a brick wall would have been more fun and had more effect, so I sent him your way and gave up all hope on the poor guy. It's a genuine GTR he's rebuilding. He's got the Holden bug beyond recovery! ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
FTEfan said:
The pub sounds like PJ's.
Sure is. PJ O'Reilley's on west row in civic. Not a bad perv there either.. :rolleyes::thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
We're gunna have to do something about that little avatar of yours there Hobbes. Very unsportsman like behaviour... :rolleyes:
In answer to your question, if I don't go to the GMC i'll be dead. It's in my home town so it's a safe bet i'll be there. :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Unless its been moved to Bendigo I somehow don't think I can make it, but to all who go enjoy and I hope to see you celebrating in front of the podium.

Is it the round after Hidden Valley?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Adam W said:
Is it the round after Hidden Valley?
Sure is.
Hobbes, are you guys getting grandstand seats or just general admin? If you're getting general admin make sure you get there around 7am for a good spot.. :thumbup:

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hoping to get in the Kings stand - just waiting to see what the other guys are doing ...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Just getting general admission myself. Can't spare the brass for stands this year.. :thumbdown :(

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Donut King I wish that S/C XR8 was my car but unless my XF has magically turned into a new model i'll have to wait.
There is a S/C Herrod XR8 here in Bendigo (Laminge knows him). There was a picture posted on BON a fair while ago with Laminges car, it was a wedding car in the photo.
Man does that car sound awesome. :mad3:

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Have any of you Ford peoples decided if you are going to the race yet?

Us LS1.com peoples will be in Kings Stand.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Hobbes said:

BTW - one of the freakiest cars I've seen in a long time was Ford powered - a little 1972 Toyota Corrola with a GT Falcon 302 Windsor under the front! Still running on the original 13" wheels and completely street legal! Conversions can be scary :D

Haha Yep is that the same guy who sometimes goes to the Melbccr.com events?

I didnt realise it but on one of the cruises he lined up against me at a set of traffic lights - on the other side of me was some VL, I gunned it at the lights and I was quite surprised when the toyota had passed me like a rocket!! :eek: :eek: :WH: :WH:

But It was all in good fun - I honked the horn and gave him the thumbs up :thumbup:

Damn sleepers! :D

Jase

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
There are two Corolla's that go along to the MCCR cruises.

One has the Windsor and has done a 12.95 down the 1/4

The other has a 13B in it.

I lined up the rotary one on Fri night in the SS and he had heaps of wheelspin luckily so I beat him :D

Have you been to many of the cruises? Which is your machine?

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Brendan said:
There are two Corolla's that go along to the MCCR cruises.

One has the Windsor and has done a 12.95 down the 1/4

The other has a 13B in it.

I lined up the rotary one on Fri night in the SS and he had heaps of wheelspin luckily so I beat him :D

Have you been to many of the cruises? Which is your machine?
Yeah I tend to go to the Open cruises rather than Hipo ones cos I have a relatively stockish EB Fairmont, no way i can keep up withe turbo & V8 guys unless its a very bendy cruise where I *may* have chance. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts