Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NextGenerationPerformance
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. When I got my probe it had the esp (extended service plan) still on it. So it's still under warrentee (sorry about the spelling). So my cv boot tore and i wanted to take it in to get repaired. They never transfered the esp to my name though. (yes i did send them the papers and all the other stuff they wanted when i got my car). So when i was talking to them they said i have to have the esp in my name before they could service it. They gave me a 800 number to call, I call it and all the guy tells me is i need to get the esp in my name. (no stuff) and tells me to call the dealership again. so I called back to the dealership and talk to the service manager and he has no idea what to do. Does anyone have any helpfull hints? Sorry for the length but this has been going on for over a week and i want to start driving my car again.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
ADVICE ON DEALING WITH FORD?

Don't!

I can't help you with your problem, but for me I say away from dealers and their shops at any cost!

·
SOPOC President
105 Posts
Dealers SUCK.

Just remember to keep your cool. If you are nice to them in a sticky situation, it makes them WANT to help you out. I've learned this the hard way with my Irish temper!:s6:

Calmly tell them that you can get the local press or your lawyer involved in the deal. That might get them rolling.

·
Probe Member
106 Posts
Work as much as possible in getting the people on the 800 number to help you out. They control what goes on with your warranty, NOT THE DEALERSHIP. Try and find the service writer who has been there the longest, and get them to work with you. Your best bet is to go during the middle of the day, an hour after they have been to lunch (they are happy, caught up on work, and not too bombarded wtih customers). Don't bitch out the dealersip people, they have no control over this situation. Good luck.

·
Hardcore GL Tuning
95 Posts
Two words:

GO POSTAL!
:fa::shifty: :badass: :chainsaw:
Just kidding!

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
daprobe said:
Work as much as possible in getting the people on the 800 number to help you out. They control what goes on with your warranty, NOT THE DEALERSHIP. Try and find the service writer who has been there the longest, and get them to work with you. Your best bet is to go during the middle of the day, an hour after they have been to lunch (they are happy, caught up on work, and not too bombarded wtih customers). Don't bitch out the dealersip people, they have no control over this situation. Good luck.
That's the best advice. Anytime I've had a problem with a dealership I call the magical 1-800 #. It's amazing what it/they can do for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts