Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Used to have a few when I was little. But they either ran away or the dog got through the crappy cage and killed the thing. Got a new pet Laminge?

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
It's not real common and even rarer in "city" rabbits. Basically, unless the rabit has been in contact with an infected rabbit or bitten by fleas that are carrying the virus it is very unlikely that mixo will infect a pet rabbit.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
mozzies carry myxo too ...but as casper said it's rare. Most bunnies die of starvation or predators from being blind rather than the disease itself.

Mistresses boiling them is still an issue I believe

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
Casper said:
It's not real common and even rarer in "city" rabbits. Basically, unless the rabit has been in contact with an infected rabbit or bitten by fleas that are carrying the virus it is very unlikely that mixo will infect a pet rabbit.
Mixamatosis ??? so long as you dont bite it minge it will be fine
and dont let it bite you and you'll be fine.

so it sounds like a stuffed bunny is the go lol

wasa

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well

its official it is Mixamatosis.

Mozzi Bites are the main cause, and the govt has an anitbody for it but refuses to distribute it for fear of ending this disease

Bloody pathetic really

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Bugga Gary ........

If you need a new bunny let me know ............ we have heaps in the paddocks here :p

Or my cousin breeds them .........

:fairy

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
laminge said:
but any members here have pet rabbits, or have some experience with them?
If you skin them and fry them up with a little flour and herbs they taste like bandicoot.....erh I mean Chicken.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
laminge said:
Well

its official it is Mixamatosis.

Mozzi Bites are the main cause, and the govt has an anitbody for it but refuses to distribute it for fear of ending this disease

Bloody pathetic really
What am I missing? Why is the government afraid of ending the disease?

·
Registered
625 Posts
You also need to think about the Calixis? virus they released a few years ago, to eliminate rabbits. As Bugs would say " ahh whats up Doc ?"
If the pet rabbitt is sterilised, you can get them vaccinated against mixamatosis and calixis virus, in W.A..

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
dang we have one better watch out for this...off to vet for some advice me thinks

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Thats something i thought would never happen to a pet Rabbit. But I guess around the area where Magan lives there are hundres of rabbits. So I can see how the mossies didnt have to travel to far. Gary are you going to do the old swap trick. Find one that looks similar and buy it so then the kids dont know the poor fella's sick????

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
laminge said:
Nope, no hope for it.

97 bucks later the little fella is out of his misery.
Sorry to hear about it :fraz: may the little guy rest in peace. Pathetic excuse from the government for not releasing the antidote. Thye should consider giving it to vets to be released to private owners.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
gee thats a bit stiff of the government minge

sorry to hear about the end result mate

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Sorry to hear it Minge, I thought Mixamatosis wasn't too effective any more though....hence the release of the Calici virus.

Mother Nature said:
Or my cousin breeds them .........
Hey Lisa, I didn't know your cousin was a rabbit! :rofl: :wnc:

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
I feel for ya minge. I too had a pet rabbit and he passed away as roadkill (left the yard trying to find a mate the lonely bugger). He was immunised against the Calici Virus too........RIP "Junior" 1993-1997.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts