Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a 1998-2000 P71 package privately. Have checked all websites possible and haven't found anything to my liking. My wife wants one to so looking to getting another. Any leads appreciated!

P.S.-> BE VERY VERY QUIET K9 IS ON PATROL!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm combing the local auctions to get one but its tough!

Its funny you mentioned privately cause I basically go to the same auctions these PI dealers go to... and let me tell you the cars I see at the auction often have more miles than the same ones on the dealer lots later on....

I'm NOT saying all of these PI dealers roll the mileage..... but somehow the VIN numbers are the same and the mileages are significantly different in a course of time in a period when car was purchased and re-sold!

Be carefull out there you PI lovers!

By the way, if I get my hands on a 98+ P71 you'll definitely hear from me!

·
Crown Victoria P71 Member
8 Posts
I agree with GolyakMotors on this one, dealers can be real shifty. I had a '94 CVPI (up until last Saturday when I smashed it into a Lexus and totaled it) that I purchased from a dealer in PA, Grace Quality Used Cars. I checked to VIN to see what the mileage was when they got it, and it had barely moved in the ten months since they purchased it. I can't believe it wasn't test driven some time before I bought it. You're right to stick with buying it privately, that's I'm doing that for my replacement PI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts