Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I have some that were on my carby xf, im not sure if they would fit though. I think either EFI fits carby or carby fits EFI but not the other way around.

Dan

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well the head on XF carby had inlet port holes for an EFI, seemed the same head to me, so exhaust I thought would also match, don't know of any reason they would not fit, ring a muffler place and ask them for headers, then ask them if there is a difference :0)

Jason

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I think it has something to do with the EFI intake setup that stops them from bolting up?

Someone will know.

Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
DansEdgli said:
I think it has something to do with the EFI intake setup that stops them from bolting up?

Someone will know.

Dan
I am pretty sure they are the same, I have extractors on both of my XF's one EFI and the other carb and cant see any differences.

Cheers

Simon

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Some extractors foul on the EFI airbox, others had a different design where the primaries came out more straight from the head.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so extractors that fit an xf no matter carb or EFI will fit as long as they don't come out so far that they touch the air box they are right

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
correct, all the bolt holes are the same...they will fit the head not matter what...well as long as it is AlloyHeadII.

*EDIT* Thinking further, I think it might be that the iron head crossflow had a different bolt pattern to the alloy head crossflow, but all alloy heads have the same inlet and exhaust manifold bolt patterns.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to fit an 86 series 2 alloy head unleaded EFI 4.1 not sure if it is a series 2 or 1 head though the series 1's would be leaded a

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
any idea how I can tell if my extractors will fit the EFI engine without actually having an EFI engine to try them on?

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Yeah they look like they would fit.

Apart from guessing, I wouldnt have a clue. I got my extractors off an XE EFI so I know they were going to fit.

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
yep, all alloy heads have the same inlet/outlet bolt holes.
I had an 85 carby head on my XF before I worked it, it had no holes for injectors. The extractors fit on this head fine. I used an XF series 2 EFI head for all the work done and the bolt holes were the same.

Ill go take some pics of my extractors and post them up and you can tell me what you think.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
The original alloy head was in the XD's then I beleive they updated around 1980 to use alloy head II.

Having said that, I still believe they are the same bolt pattern for all alloy heads.

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
EFI extractors are different as MADXF has explained, u need the extractors that are pictured in that pic blueovalxfboy

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DansEdgli did they look like the extractors in the pic cause if they do i will take them

ps thanks xf falcon for the pic

1 - 19 of 19 Posts