Holden: 12,156
Ford: 6997

Commodore: 6923
Falcon: 3334

Astra: 1746
Laser: 886

Statesman: 377
Fairlane: Below 200 (not listed)

hmmm, things can only get better can't they???

G

·
0 Posts
Ford has a lot of work to do before the AV arrives and there is no guarantee that model will save them either.
They'd better got it right this time if they want to survive.
Time will tell.

·
2,153 Posts
From yesterdays DRIVE they said

Big market winners in the segment last month were the newcomer Mazda/Ford twins - Tribute (681 sales) and Escape (203) -
why did Mazda sell three times more? I can only assume The tribute was on sale for a full month and they had plenty of stock?

I wonder why the Ford ads don't emphasize that it has a 150kw engine.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think the Tribute came out earlier than the Escape. Those sales figures should make those Ford Oz Directors take notice, instead of just sitting back and doing nothing.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Hey at least we are outselling Avalon and Fagna :D :thumbup:

It's only been a month or so since the Escape started selling - give it a bit of time.

Ford ends up getting the cash for both Tribute and Escape sales in the end anyway :damack:

Jase

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I think that it has a bit to do with stocks but alot of it is that the Tribute is available in cheaper 4 cyl version aswell as the 6 but the Escape uses the 6 only. They were going to see how they went before getting the 4 if this continues they'll deffenatly get it.

Ford can only hope that Falcon buyers who have put off buying an AU because of its styling will like the AV and update. Also hopfully they will win much more independants that they lost last time round. Getting Falcon numbers up aswell as the Laser keep improving and add a small car and they'll be on their way.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
If this trend continues for much longer, me think GP's gunna have a lot more grey hairs on his head. AV can't come quick enough.

Boy were their some bad decisions made about 6-7 years ago at Broady or what! :thumbdown :(

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Not really fair on Geoff to have to clean up problems created by mis-management from years in the past but he seems to be doing a 1/2 decent job.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Maybe all us Ford Fans should team up to overthrow the Ford Oz Board and run it ourselves, know doubt Performance cars would be readily available.:gok:

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
Ford ends up getting the cash for both Tribute and Escape sales in the end anyway :damack:
If only Ford Australia would get the money back... Australia sounds to be in big money problems.. If only FoMoCo would come and give us some more money - so many things good be achieved sooner.. Come Jacques -- help us out here.. I'm sick of seeing Ford trailing behind Holden. It really really pisses me off!! :fmad: :fmad:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Was probably him that started the decline in the first place, sure he saved us, methinks now his views have changed :eek: but i really hope not

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Guys, Ford has access to much fewer Escapes than Mazda has with Tribute. It was part of the import sharing agreement. I think Mr Bill Tuckey explained this a couple of months back in 'The Bill' - Motor Magazine.

The Escape will never sel lsame as Tribute for this reason.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
The part I love is that Ford owns Mazda so you would think they would be able to control the amount of imports to each company.. Its also stupid because i heard that Ford can't get any yellow Laser SR's like the SP20 because they just made they yellow special for Mazda.. Now if FoMoCo owns mazda then you would think a little bit of evening up wouldn't go astray.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
yeah thats a good point.. I wish they would release the yellow escape like they had in america. Thats looks sweet :cool:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Ford Motor Company dont "OWN" Mazda.
They own 33% of shares in Mazda along with a controlling stake.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Geoff Polites was in Detroit for the past week for a meeting with Nasser to discuss the future on Ford Oz and the strategy that will be applied to recover. Jac Nasser is 100% behind Polites and totally backs his judgments and strategy. There's no way Nasser will let anything happen to Ford Aus. He told GP to do what it takes to get to the top!

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Sweeeet I'd hate for the idea of getting a bigger end of year bonus to cloud Nassers views on the Australian car industry :D :wink2: :cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
Jac Nasser is 100% behind Polites and totally backs his judgments and strategy.... He told GP to do what it takes to get to the top!
That's fantastic news JEM. Where did you hear this from?? Last I heard Nasser was looking to spend some of Ford's war chest (over $US36b) to get Ford to number 1 worldwide. Lets hope thats the plan.. :WH:

Like I've said before.. we won't feel the full effect of the decisions GP & Co. are making now for a good 5-6 years. I don't think we need to take over FoMoCo Aust just yet... :eek:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
14 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing