Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
XRated said:
I really dig those wheels!
There 16 inch B45's From Simmons they look heaps better with fully poilshed centres though!
personally I'd take a set of FR's anyday over 'em though!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
LWRDEF said:
There 16 inch B45's From Simmons they look heaps better with fully poilshed centres though!
personally I'd take a set of FR's anyday over 'em though!
I've seen them with gold in the middle but that didn't do anything for me. I am not usually a fan of black wheels, but these look tough as! That front skirt is also tickling my fancy :wnc:

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
XRated said:
That front skirt is also tickling my fancy :wnc:
Thats good to hear as I'm trying to make this kit up in around the 2-3 mths time, as I think it's about time that we E series guys & girls have a body kit that really does suit the car & this kit did then as well as now.
I'm going to do a mould firstly out of blue foam (its incredibly dense & perfect for such a task!) then I'll make a couple of em & go from there!
No I dont know what prices yet etc... ask me in a few mths time, But hopefully I'll be able to find a rear skirt that looks similar & just slightly modify it & a set of side mould to make it nearly identical!
Cheers
Nev

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
blue foam?
what the hell is that?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
yeah... but something thats easy to mould.
what what i'm after!

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
10 point to both of you!!
Yeah, it's a really, really high density foam (& it's blue!) made for the aviation industry originally to mould components etc they still use the stuff today to mould carbon fibre components under vacuum, Its so dense that you can saw it with a hacksaw & it just powder's away (it's like working with balsa but better!) You can also use a hot wire cutter which is just that although cutting & sanding would be better suited for this application.
It's also great for making foam cored wings on Really big model planes! (like 3m + wingspans!!)

EFFalcon you should be able to find it from foam supplys or fibreglass supplys in the yellow pages, just tell em your after some high desity blue foam & tell em what ya need it for & they'll help ya out! once you've got it to shape high-fill it then sand, sand, sand & then check it under fluro's as it'll show up any irregularities etc... & at the end bingo you have a mould!!

Also if you want to know how to fibreglass properly & hints & tips etc get a book on building fibreglass boats & you'll even find out how to do damn near everything with fibreglass!
Anyway Hope this helps ya out & your front bar looks a treat by the way!! :)
Drop us a pm if you need any assistance etc...
Cheers
Nev

·
NOW STARK EA
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
outback_ute said:
Red_EB_S, I'll have to have a look at my old mags tonight, I've definitely got the Street Machine with the Pro EA on the cover, that was a 351W with blower, injection, a real hamburger with the lot. It also had hydraulic suspension to drop it on its guts when stationary.

I remember reading about the APV Falcon, they also did Commodores at the same time. Also the AVO turbo Falcons, I think they also went to a stage 2 as well, although that may have been the one with 16psi.
Yeah i got this edition! the beast sits 2inches off the ground! and when the car is reved or some crap it jacks it up so the arse doesnt scrape when he gets into it!

In the last pic of LWRDEF's Pics, does n e one know the fella with the smik looking ea in the background?

Been going through more of the mags and finding some nice articles on the EB xr6, and El er's...oh and the AU XR8's!

Cya's, ray

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
LWRDEF said:
10 point to both of you!!
Yeah, it's a really, really high density foam (& it's blue!) made for the aviation industry originally to mould components etc they still use the stuff today to mould carbon fibre components under vacuum, Its so dense that you can saw it with a hacksaw & it just powder's away (it's like working with balsa but better!) You can also use a hot wire cutter which is just that although cutting & sanding would be better suited for this application.
It's also great for making foam cored wings on Really big model planes! (like 3m + wingspans!!)

EFFalcon you should be able to find it from foam supplys or fibreglass supplys in the yellow pages, just tell em your after some high desity blue foam & tell em what ya need it for & they'll help ya out! once you've got it to shape high-fill it then sand, sand, sand & then check it under fluro's as it'll show up any irregularities etc... & at the end bingo you have a mould!!

Also if you want to know how to fibreglass properly & hints & tips etc get a book on building fibreglass boats & you'll even find out how to do damn near everything with fibreglass!
Anyway Hope this helps ya out & your front bar looks a treat by the way!! :)
Drop us a pm if you need any assistance etc...
Cheers
Nev
Thanks heaps for that, i'll have to follow up on it.
I was searching all sorts of places for something exactly like that.

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
EFFalcon said:
Thanks heaps for that, i'll have to follow up on it.
I was searching all sorts of places for something exactly like that.
Not a prob mate see ya just gotta ask the right blokes!
let us know how you go, but you should find it pretty easily, a quick reminder b4 you ring dont have any food or water as you dont want to choke when they tell you the price!!
But it's the only stuff that works for this application, but roughly enough for a bumper your probably looking at $350 - $400 for the foam!
Just letting ya know so you dont have a "he's turning blue" session!
Cheers
Nev

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
haha...
certainly is expensive, it doesn't need to be any where near as big as for a bumper but i'm guesing by that its gunna be in excess of $100 for the amount i want :)

I might try something else first then resort to that if it aint work.

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
LWRDEF - when you get this body kit made drop me a pm, i have the founds ill take the entire kit except for grill... thats if your making the grill.... do you know how to make brock kits too??? cant wait to se the end product.

the first set of pics - ive seen an ea with blacked out c-pillars but was an s-pac not an svo with this entire body kit, i asked the guy were he got it from and he said i got it for bag of weed!!! fu(kn bogen....

·
Vroom vroom
233 Posts
In response to one of the first questions, yes, it appears APV still do exist. I picked up Just Parts magazine yesterday, there is an ad for APV towards the back, headlined with a pic of a VL and words to the effect that they do custom bodykits.
They are in Bayswater, Vic (is there anybody NOT in bayswater?) and their number is (03) 9761 4422.
The ad says they also do custom door pods from $75 each, which is pretty reasonable.
It is dominated by holden stuff, but who knows? They might have a couple of those kits lying around?

Oh, and if someone does make up a kit like this, I would probably be very interested. I had my eyes on the DJR kit, but I don't like the rear bar. Keep us posted!

·
NOW STARK EA
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
do they have a website? (spope?)

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
Need PSI said:
LWRDEF - when you get this body kit made drop me a pm, i have the founds ill take the entire kit except for grill... thats if your making the grill.... do you know how to make brock kits too??? cant wait to se the end product.

the first set of pics - ive seen an ea with blacked out c-pillars but was an s-pac not an svo with this entire body kit, i asked the guy were he got it from and he said i got it for bag of weed!!! fu(kn bogen....
I dont have to make Brock kits!
Here ya go!
http://www.spoilershop.com.au/cgi-bin/ezdb.cgi?fbk+search+display+1012384981&

Just sent an email to APV to see if their The Ones or not so I'll wait & see for their reply as to if I make the kit or not seeing as it may be them after all, If they have the kit then it'd save me a shit load of work!
But if their not then yes the kit will be done!
Cheers
Nev

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
hi all....

i am the proud owner of the apv sr3900 pictured.

Just to let you all know that the third picture posted IS NOT of the same car... it has a grey trim as opposed to black and on the APV the exhaust is not visible.

Would anybody be able to give me any extra info on this edition car, or if possible send me a scan of the magazine article it was featured in?

i would be really keen to know how many were produced... i have some pictures also if anybody would like to see them...

Awesome car....

santo

·
1 MORE GO WITH A 4.0L
325 Posts
I have small (no scanner but) article that was in the herald sun a few years back that says The EA falcons produced by APV, Brock and SVO were these companies atempt to get the factory tuning job before Tickford was eventually formed.

Must say the Kit on the Apv looks very very nice alot more sporty than my SVO's grille and spoiler!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Hi Santo, the APV Falcon was tested by Modern Motor (now just Motor) in March 89 and also in a comparo with the Mick Webb SVO Falcon and Commodore SS in June 89.

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
i bought the car a few days ago and it seemed nice.. must admit i wasnt a fan of the EA at all until i saw this one.... would be keen to know what the original modifications exactly were.. hopefully to make sure it is as it was intended to be by APV... i think it originally had koni shocks, but over time has been changed to monroe shocks. It has also been lowered since those photos were taken. Despite the two different number plates in the pictures, they are both the same car... except the picture from the back. I would be really interested to know what people think they are worth and roughly how many were produced?

thanks all,

santo

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.