Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ride like the Wind
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge fan of aquaria, I think that it is the best feature you can have in any kind of room.

Currently I have a 4' tank with a medium sized oscar and two small Gold Severums and a large Pleco. In a 2' tank I have some dwarf cinammon gouramis and some serpae tetras as well as some bristlenose catfish.

The latter has plants growing in it and I am hopefull that it will eventually resemble a thick rainforest, it also has a Thaiwanese Buda in there as well to add to the theme, and it is all topped off with pool filter sand as a substrate.

In the Oscar tank there is not much, some pieces of terracotta pots for caves and some rocks etc. Anything else gets eaten.

I used to have two turtles, and have a pond out the back full of molly's and zebras who won't stop multiplying!

If I had a decent digi camera I would take some pics.
Anyhow I was just wondering whether anyone else is into the hobby of fish keeping? and what they have.

Thanks,
Brett

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
One tank, 38 litres, 7 fish, gold fish mainly, had them for alomost a year, cold water, tried warm water tropical, but the things die like flies, no matter how much you fuss over water condition.

Tank has tiny white stones in the bottom, a piece of drift wood as a centre piece, one plastic plant to hide the filter pick up pipe, and a purple waffle for some real plant life, and something to nibble on.

Jason

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
We used to have a reasonable sized tank at home, was a perfect centrepiece in the middle of a cabinet...however we had trouble with it leaking, and cleaning it was just too annoying (for Mum, she was the one who had to clean it because we were too lazy/young)

Don't ask me what type of fish we had in there, I will just stare at you blankly. :angel:

Was good to have it though, if it didn't develop a crack we probably would have kept it for a while longer.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have had 2 tanks one tropical, the other Marine. The marine tank is 2x2x2.5 foot column tank, with metal halide 200w lamp 30kg of living rock/coral, & so many fish I couldnt name them all. 2 pumps pushing 200 litres each an hour. Berlin protein skimmer and trickle fitration all in a sump within the cabinet below. Hand built everything myself from cabinet & hood to the tank itself. Was a great talking point, nobody could just walk passed it, although it sadly sits in the garage gathering dust these days as i just dont have the time for the maintenance any more.

And if you are tempted dont ask the complete set-up is already sold.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
Couple of pics of my turtles (new camera so i'm still learning)

They now have only plastic plants and a few feeder fish to keep them amused.. In its glory it was full of plants, a few schools of neons and a few bottlenose catties,, 20 odd plattys and a couple of fantail goldfish.. But alas the turtles got hungry and goobled down nearly $200 worth of fishies and plants

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
weve just got an outside fishpond here - i havent got the space in my room to accomidate a decent setup. my oldies used to have 2 huge tanks, about 5 foot long each, and they had tropical fish too i cant remember i was just a kid

i cant wait till i have a place to have a decent aquarium.... love fishies:p

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
I have a 4' with a 11" Tiger Oscar... and my wife has a 6' tank set up as a community. The 6' contains a rainbow shark, some angels, platys, lochies and bristlenose catfish.

I cant keep anything else with the Oscar as it eats everything..... he loves goldfish (they give off a cool glitter effect when eaten), worms, pellets, silverside, chicken and mince. I once put a crab in with him but it didnt last long.... he put up a good fight though with the 1 claw my oscar left him. hehehe
My oscar (Giblet) can do a couple of tricks.... he jumps out of his tank for his food and also attacks coke cans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts