Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Veteran revhead
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ones say, 1992-1993.

The reason I ask is because today I had a sort-of-race with one on Leach hwy. It had the GT4 bonnet and scoops and all that. It had all the badging as well as some gay looking ricer sticker on the rear panel. There was a 10 inch exhaust sticking out as well as a monster tacho on the dash??

Anyway, he got the jump on me, and I had to REALLY nail my Fairmont to reel him in. Once I did that, I could not muster the horses to pass him, but he sure as hell did not get away!!

I was just curious, are these things fast, or have I been had by a GT4 lookalike? My Fairmont is just a stock 5L.:eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
No they arnt :eek:
Got an old Wheels mag and they quote 15.8 1/4 mile, they have 150Kw or so, and from the sounds of he had an exhaust so that can vary the power increase from nothing to probably 25Kw+.

Wheels also got 15.6 1/4 for an Auto EB XR8, so its more than likey sounds like it was the real thing. Well done :D:D

·
Vintage Mustang Member
8 Posts
Nah wait - he also said there was a Ricey sticker on it, and by laws of rice-boy physics, thats an EASY extra 150kw. Especially if you use a sticker corresponding to a completly differant performance tuner (for example: A Nismo sticker on a CRX - BIG POWER!)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The GT4 would have to work pretty hard to beat a V8 off the line. Most seem to be running lotsa boost from the turbos these days which can make the stupid gearing even more stupid. Strange for one to be riced up though. I thought they were to old and uncool for that as well as rare and expensive, not too mention a waste of time.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
TTStang said:
Nah wait - he also said there was a Ricey sticker on it, and by laws of rice-boy physics, thats an EASY extra 150kw. Especially if you use a sticker corresponding to a completly differant performance tuner (for example: A Nismo sticker on a CRX - BIG POWER!)
LOL. I know what ya mean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts