Votes: 75 29.2%
  • Just Happy

Votes: 51 19.8%

• Total voters
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
When BA was released, I read all the reviews and did all my research, so when the time came to replace my AU I company vehicle (inherited from someone else, and a car I hated), I made the choice to order a BA XT Sedan.

I could go on for ever with praise for this car, but I will summarise by saying that the vehicle impressed me with its style, refinement, quality of materials and even build quality.

The vehicle ran faultlessly for 50,000km's with the exception of the front disc brake warping issue.

The BA is such an impressive vehicle, compared with so many of the japanese and Euro cars, that I purchased a MK II fairmont ghia as its replacement. This car is even more refined and impressive than the MK I.

I recently, drove a BF Fairmont ghia and the six-speed auto was seamless in operation and very refined.

I am not a die-hard blue oval ford man, but rather a swing voter. If the VE commodore is a superior vehicle in the future, then I will buy it over an inferior ford, but having driven most of the big sixes available in Oz, I can say that the BA is the best by far and anyone that buys a VZ over BF is obviously not interested in refinement, style, aspirational image and quality.

·
'bargearse'
170 Posts
70,000 and stil no probs. Compared to the AU it is like two different models, different makes. BUT still love the AU GHIA. I drive the AU and the Mrs. the BA. Swap now and again but she only wants the BA.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the BA, but Ford customer service, and in paticular stillwell ford midindie SA, is appauling, both me and my son are having problems with our MKII BA XR6 utes, mines easily fixed when ford can decide whos going to do the work, bodyshop or service dept, my son has waited 4 months for a ford engineer to arrive in adelaide and have a look at his problem, which occured because of poor workmanship at the dearlership in the first place, both utes were bought brand new, as i said, love the car, but customer service :finger:

Ozi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Verry happy especially since i have done the brake upgrade :priest:

Even some of my pro holden mates (sinners) are tempted to swallow their pride and buy a new ford :hy:

·
Falcon forever
6 Posts
BA XT 2003!!
im so happy with the car its the best ever!
its my first car and at only 19 i can say that im really pleased to be driving one
have always wanted to own one since they came out.
i have added genuine series 2 BA XR8 wheels set of 5 with 3 good tyres for a steal at 700bucks from a friend which made me even happier
no problems what so ever and its travelled 50 000kms so far (bought it when it had 37000kms) and compared to my dads AU2 ghia its superb (not dissing out the AU cause i love em too)
thumbs up to ford for making such a great model and they only spent 500mill
if they match holdens 1billion dollar cost theyll probably come up with something that will friggin fly!!:priest: :driver: :hy: :hy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2003 dedicated gas, just turned over 50 000K's, got it at 26 000K's, replaced the front brakes, a coolant pipe, cup holder and steering rack washers under warranty.
Also have to fix a rear end knocking noise, under bonnet ticking noise, and an oil leak ( one drip on the driveway approximately every three weeks ) at the front of the engine somewhere.
Otherwise I'm reasonably happy with it. :driver:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would like to say that I was very happy with my '05 XR8 ute, but sadly 'was' is the word because I've sold it!!! Had to finance a career change and the car had to go. A real shame and I miss it already. My only issue is the amount of money lost on re-sale (which I knew would happen anyway), and the fact that it was never really tough enough. I never had the money to give it the modifications (exhaust etc.) it needed and IMO they should come from the factory a bit fitter in the first place.

I won't be buying another new Ford anytime soon because after a couple of years saving I'll be gunning for a classic Mustang of some sort. Little or no depreciation, with a REAL V8 feel!!! :) Of course I will need some sort of other car for daily use however.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum and a very(bordering on psychotic)proud owner of a Blood Orange XR8.It did manifest the brake shudder,but this was corrected by some better looking after market rotors.The interior fittings have retained their form and function after a total so far of 75K since its birth in July 03.
With the combination of colour and wheels/decals etc, its a head turner and at the lights, most commodore owners shy of the GTS pilots are caught with wanting looks on their faces.Compare a BA to a VY of the same year and the superiority is profound.NO roof join rubbers,full linig in the boot,a bulge in the bonnet which is in your face V8, NO ugly aerial, and the most important feature of the holdens dash lay out is the hazard light button!.Have a look, its true!!.Oh, and ya have to love a car that greats its owner with a "welcome to Fords interior COMMAND center"!! The only car I want more is an orange 06 Mustang with all the options.Oh yes it will be mine!.

·
Registered
90 Posts
New to this forum and a very(bordering on psychotic)proud owner of a Blood Orange XR8.It did manifest the brake shudder,but this was corrected by some better looking after market rotors.The interior fittings have retained their form and function after a total so far of 75K since its birth in July 03.
With the combination of colour and wheels/decals etc, its a head turner and at the lights, most commodore owners shy of the GTS pilots are caught with wanting looks on their faces.Compare a BA to a VY of the same year and the superiority is profound.NO roof join rubbers,full lining in the boot,a bulge in the bonnet which is in your face V8, NO ugly aerial, and the most important feature of the Holden's dash lay out is the hazard light button!.Have a look, its true!!.Oh, and ya have to love a car that greats its owner with a "welcome to Fords interior COMMAND center"!! The only car I want more is an orange 06 Mustang with all the options.Oh yes it will be mine!.

Mate it sounds like you are totally hooked . I have had fords for 30 years (with the odd Nissan patrol thrown in )and i love them . ENJOY Cheers Ken

141 - 157 of 157 Posts