Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the inevitable has happend with all this heat, I went to adjust my mirror a tad and the thing just peeled right off. Is it just a silicon compound to reattach or is there some kind of specific adheisive. Anhy help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

6pAc.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Go to repco, they have the stuff that is needed to reattach it. I have to do the same, my 2yo tore mine off (glass still attached) yesterday on the EF!!

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
lol - one of my EX gfs hit her head on mine, when i had an XD wagon (bench seat up front, im sure you can imagine how....) and it fell off...

i think any servo will have the glue needed, its proper glue to stick things to glass, it was years ago so i cant remember the name or brand or anything.

and the rear view mirror on my dads AU fell off the other night, due to the vibrations caused by the subs! and i wasnt even in the car - he must have a pulse of some description to have them that loud lol.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
ring ford and get the adhesive patch they use for the AU2 on onwards.. Its lots better than the glue..just remove the allen key and pull the aluminium slide out and 'rough' it up with a file.. Just gives it a nice surface to stick to

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out and got some Windscreen adheisive, looks like this should do the trick, if it happens again i may go get the au2 patch doobie if its less that 10 bucks dare I ask...

·
Drives like a Grandad
112 Posts
Three Ford dealers in Brisbane (spare parts and service sections) have never heard of the alleged 'patch' for an AU mirror!

Dropped in at a Novus windscreen repair establishment in Beaudesert Rd., Salisbury (Bne) - 5 minutes and no dollars requested had my mirror up and running like new.

They buffed the bits of glass off the alloy piece, squirted the magic fluid on and glued it back on. Only comment they made was that if it dropped off again, bring it back and they would do the job again by moving it slightly off-centre so the adhesive works better. (They mounted it in its original location where the bits of glass came off the screen.)

Thanks Novus - beat the hell out of the Ford guys approach (all three) saying "You need a new windscreen to fix that problem..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts