Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ello all!

well, that stereo that had me going insane has been installed (by Ryda Petersham) but not without changes. apparently, they couldn't install 6x9s under the rear shelf so i had a choice of 5x7 or 7x10. of course i opted for 7x10 kenwoods (no sony, damn) and it sounds just SUH-WEET!!!

thank you all who offered advice, and rob who offered to do the head unit. next thing on the agenda, swaybars!

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
What? They coudln't fit 6x9 speakers but they could fit 7x10? I don't know the layout of the new AU falcons, but that just seems weird. (Condierig the stock size is 5x7 I think).

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, that's correct according to them. i'm not complaining! the speakers sound great!

apparently, the holes were pre-drilled for 7x10s. beats me... as i said, i'm not complaining! it sounds just SWEET!

so far i've got one MP3 cd with 139 mp3s on it! 10 hrs of music straight! it's so sweet...

·
Registered
67 Posts
what size are the fronts???
I think I''ve damage the voice coil as its pretty distorted in some mid low freq.
The standard speakers were good but I dont think they are built to played loud for a long time.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fronts are 2 way 6.5" sony's.

the standard speakers are good for factory standard speakers, but overall they are shit. can't wait to get that amp and sub... :)

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
slow xr6, what model do you have? I only ask because the other day I took off the passenger side door trim on my EF Fairmont Ghia and I noticed that the foam surround on the speaker had deteriorated to the point that there was no cone control at higher volumes, so basically the speaker was rattling and very annoying. Foam is not a good surround for speakers in places like Australia, esp. with the humidity.

·
Registered
67 Posts
AU XR6 still.
Mine does really need replacing... though in your case you might just need to replace yours with like foamy rubbery strips around it to hold the speaker.

·
2004 BA XT Falcon Ute
84 Posts
Yeh I'm replacing the speakers, instead of putting one back into that same spot, I'm build a door pod to hold a pair of 6.5" speakers in each door and I'm going to put the two tweeters in the spot where the original speaker went.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts