Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya All

for of those of you who are interested the HSV Club and XR Club are having a fun day at DECA in Sheparton this sunday from 9.00am till late!

Any of you interested please feel free to rock up for the day and I would love to meet ya!

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Buggers, I'm heading up to canberra on saturday.

DAMN!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brendan said:
I'll try and make it up this time. How far is Shepparton ~2 hours or less?

Anyone driving up Sunday?
Not sure, i will going up sat around 1.00 and staying at apub in shepp overnight

·
Aus ls1 *********
89 Posts
DECA

Brendan Shepparton (grew up there) is 2 hour 2.25 tops.
DECA is great fun. BIG skid pan and a neat circuit course.
I was speaking to Ian Anderson at Sandown coule of weeks ago about it.
I have Sunday Off and might take a drive up there if the weather holds out. No fun if its raining.

I prolly won't know if I'm going until Sun morning when I get out of bed and ring the relos for a weather report.

Laminge which pub you staying in.
I would recomend the old Victoria Hotel which has an Irish pub called Flanagans down stairs. Spent too much time in there drinking. Find it at the 4th set of traffic lights after the Lake on your left. (3rd set is ped lights)
Or if you want a nice motel $$$$ The Park Lake is right opp the lake as you drive into town.

If you see a grey wagon up there, stop and have a chat to me.

Grant.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I may try to get there .. depends on how hard I have to work tomorrow !! Look for the ...ehemm... brown VT exec with a dunlop sticker on the rear windscreen (no I dont work for them .. it just has a history to it )

Jeff

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: DECA

HRT 8 said:
Brendan Shepparton (grew up there) is 2 hour 2.25 tops.
DECA is great fun. BIG skid pan and a neat circuit course.
I was speaking to Ian Anderson at Sandown coule of weeks ago about it.
I have Sunday Off and might take a drive up there if the weather holds out. No fun if its raining.

I prolly won't know if I'm going until Sun morning when I get out of bed and ring the relos for a weather report.

Laminge which pub you staying in.
I would recomend the old Victoria Hotel which has an Irish pub called Flanagans down stairs. Spent too much time in there drinking. Find it at the 4th set of traffic lights after the Lake on your left. (3rd set is ped lights)
Or if you want a nice motel $$$$ The Park Lake is right opp the lake as you drive into town.

If you see a grey wagon up there, stop and have a chat to me.

Grant.
Grant

The weather is going to be crap., ie colder than a Nuns _______, but the more rain the better the skid pan!!! Yeeeeha!

I think it is the Victoria we are staying at, so expect that place to run outa beer tonight!''Hope to see as many of you guys up there as possible!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Can all the guys with digital cameras take 'em to the day!!!
Laminge Vs. Some dumbass LS1 owner who thinks it's just another XR8...:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
Can all the guys with digital cameras take 'em to the day!!!
Laminge Vs. Some dumbass LS1 owner who thinks it's just another XR8...:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Some how me thinks there won't be many dumb ass LS1 owners that won't be fooled by Laminges car

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
IF IT DOES RAIN...

Theres a swap meet in Albury Today and Sunday, $3 entry. Went and had a look today .....freeeeeezing cold.

Found special on secondhand AU spoilers: $100 each. They needed repairing where the treads pull out, otherwise good nick!!

there was also cars on display from ALBURY EARLY FORD CLUB. Very nice rides there!
;)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i made it back in 1 peice, bar 4 engine mount bolts??????

Met up Brendan on Sunday- good to meet you mate - hope to make it a regular event!

Spent Saturday driving up slowly as I rolled my ankle on Friday and had a Great night at their Equiv of the Mens gallery, drank $300 bucks worth of grog and got kicked out late!!!!

Sunday was a great day with 30-40 HSV guys rockin up and some 10 XR Blokes

Not sure who won the day but it was absolutely sensational regardless, pitty most of you missed out!

·
139 Posts
*sob*

I was on my way down that way Sat to buy an XR8 Ute... They sold it before I got there but :(
I would have dropped by... :p

So, next time it's on, give a yell. I might make the trip down with my new ute :D

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
laminge said:
Well i made it back in 1 peice, bar 4 engine mount bolts??????

Met up Brendan on Sunday- good to meet you mate - hope to make it a regular event!

Was good to meet you dude - I can confirm that Laminge's car goes pretty hard, a couple trips around the skidpan showed me that.

Was that rattling the engine mounts?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brendan said:

Was good to meet you dude - I can confirm that Laminge's car goes pretty hard, a couple trips around the skidpan showed me that.

Was that rattling the engine mounts?
Those engine mounts did have any bolts in em by the time i got back????

hehehehehe

·
Aus ls1 *********
89 Posts
deca

Gary I assume you liked Rawhide then.
Sorry I missed the day I worked into the wee hours of Sun Morning with some overtime :(.
Hope to get along next time to meet some of you guys.
Maybee have to organise some type of Ford meets LS1 BBQ some time???
**** slingers can stay away.
Is DECA every bit as fun as I mentioned?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: deca

HRT 8 said:
Gary I assume you liked Rawhide then.
Sorry I missed the day I worked into the wee hours of Sun Morning with some overtime :(.
Hope to get along next time to meet some of you guys.
Maybee have to organise some type of Ford meets LS1 BBQ some time???
**** slingers can stay away.
Is DECA every bit as fun as I mentioned?
yeah its a bummer you missed out, whts you doing this saturday, as Strapp Ford in Caulfield are having an open day type BBQ thing, the car will be on show there!

DECA's Great its the 5 time I have been up there, pity my foot was so F'd otherwise I would have had more fun

1 - 18 of 18 Posts