Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Thanks mate

Sorry been offline as I have hust driven through the simpson dessert from Albury to Mildura....

Ahh the Xr reaches top speed of 265.. or so says the eurovox sat nav trip computer!!

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Laminge you are a crazy man...would kill for that sort of power in a parts ute though!!
Hows the tailshaft at that sort of speed?

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Yes thanks Steve,
Look just lovely. Did half FTR paint job, set of wheels. darker than legal tint. Got back in MRS partsguys wagon tonight, couldn't see anything around me was way too low to the ground!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
No tail shaft problem.

Had problem with rear down force as I had less than a 1/4 tank of petrol.

Hell of alot of cabin noise after the 230 mark though

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
partsguy said:
Yes thanks Steve,
Look just lovely. Did half FTR paint job, set of wheels. darker than legal tint. Got back in MRS partsguys wagon tonight, couldn't see anything around me was way too low to the ground!
Hehehe I can see how that would be a problem, might just have to splurge on an All wheel drive falcon wagon to give you that extra height when they are released lol! ;) :D

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Thinking more along the line of the new Exploder V8.

reckon that sohc 4.6 mit Ford racing supercharger kit could be the go!!!
Mrs partsguy would go off driving that!!

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
partsguy said:
Thinking more along the line of the new Exploder V8.

reckon that sohc 4.6 mit Ford racing supercharger kit could be the go!!!
Mrs partsguy would go off driving that!!
Hadn't even thought of that :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Laminge,

All i can say is geeeeeeeeeeeeez, thats goin fast in a falcon, howz the steering feel apart from downforce did the whole car feel ok???

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
partsguy said:
first thing in my head when all the 4.6 part numbers started appearing on Fmc parts system!!
Is that just because of the mustang or because of something else I haven't heard about? ;)

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
No they're SOHC part numbers, for the new V8 explorer coming out in a couple of months.

Have you been to the Lincoln web site and check the engine on the Blackwood?? 5.4 litre dohc 32v. 230kw. would be an interesting motor for a falcon dont you think??

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
partsguy said:
No they're SOHC part numbers, for the new V8 explorer coming out in a couple of months.

Have you been to the Lincoln web site and check the engine on the Blackwood?? 5.4 litre dohc 32v. 230kw. would be an interesting motor for a falcon dont you think??
Up that by around 60 odd Kw, we all know us Aussies can make a V8 go better than the americans can ;) :D :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
laminge said:
Thanks FM
Reply on the way!:cool:
Right back at ya fella.. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:
Thanks mate

Sorry been offline as I have hust driven through the simpson dessert from Albury to Mildura....

Ahh the Xr reaches top speed of 265.. or so says the eurovox sat nav trip computer!!
Ah so that toy is good for one more little chore. AT 265 what are you doing looking at the Sat Nav?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
6 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing