Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As members of the Xr car clubs of NSW and Vic can I ask who does the owner stickers for the cars. We have to get ours (Tas) made and thought it might be cheaper if we get someone who already does the job for one of the car clubs on the mainland. We need to find the most cost effective avenue so any help would be apreciated.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
G'day HSE2. Yeah we've only done one fairly small run of stickers for the club a while ago. We've got a lot of things on the boil for the very near future, we're just waiting until we get our CAMS affiliation. Once this is done, we can complete the requirements for the club to become an incorporated organisation, and then we can really start the merchandising etc. So once we organise to do another sticker run, I'll be in touch!

Cheers
Mike

T

·
0 Posts
SIDO = Single Item Dealer Option.
Most dealers when they order cars from ford, to sell in there yards, they fill out a sido form stating they want 30 green cars, 29 red cars, 2 black etc, each of those cars could have the same interior, or a different interior, same stereo, manual or auto, basically sido is what the customer wants. although customers do have different choices as to what type of car they want, one may want a red auto, another may want a blue auto.

sounds confusing I know. in a nutshell it means variation

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Gaz

Doctor-Where or how do I get this number off my car and why would Tickford want that information for a car club (SIDO)

T

·
0 Posts
HSE2
Have a gander at the inside back cover of your cars handbook or owners manual, whatever you want to call it. you should have a 6 -7 digit number written in pen beside the SIDO code. this code can be found under the radio serial number in the manual.
The only reason tickford would want this is to confirm with Ford that your car is a Tickford or Tickford enhanced.
My sido code is 759625.

Dont worry though, Ford will only tell Tickford the options that went into your car if any, they cannot tell Tickford by law who owns the car or where they live.

This is good because then you can know what options your car has, you may get a surprise, could be good could be bad. sometimes you get more than you bargained for. this is good, for you.

RGDS The Doctor

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks there Doc. Mine has options and it has a plate in the engine bay as well listing all the mods I ordered from the factory. I now know where to look

T

·
0 Posts
Glad to be of help.
let us know what you have in the way of mods and we can post them on the thread, so we can see who has what, etc..

you sound happy, so it must be good, I would say you found something you didnt think you had...!!!!!

almost forgot... you should have a tag by tickford on the left upper side of the inner gaurd (drivers side) when you open the bonnet, listing a few options. Is this the plate you are talking about...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes thats the plate. I have gone silly last couple of months and working my way up to more power towards end of year. Not alot has been untouched. Bought the car new as a series 1 XR8 with 17" wheels body kit and momo steering wheel. Now has a series 2 front cone and wheels. Lowered springs, private plates, 330 16slots front twin piston brakes, tinted windows momo gear knob. retrimmed and contoured leather seats twin 2.5 straight through exhaust, new diff.

T

·
0 Posts
HSE2 you may already know this so I'll say it anyway, I know this is going to sound crazy, but when you got the diff in your car, did you get a rear wheel alignment done..!!!!!!

I only found out about this a month ago. got some police special tyres for the car, and steve said now get a wheel alignment front and back. I laughed at him, he wasnt joking. apparantly because the diff is in a cradle it does tend to shift and needs correcting.

rear gets done first, then the front..

T

·
0 Posts
YEAH.... I'm learning more about these cars everyday.
apparantly the XR8's are bad for crabbing. Steve didnt elaborate on which model, but burnouts can do it to.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
HSE2, How much did it cost you to re-trim the seats in leather?

Did they replace the cloth on the doors with leather as well?

How does it sound with the new exhaust??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The exhaust is better but a single 3" would be a better way to go if you were after sound alone. The twin system ends up giving better performance.

Yes there won't be a single piece of cloth left when it is finished. Actually yes finished talking to Jeff at Herrod motorsport and my seats are at the trimmers now.
When i get the bill I will let you know but you wouldn't have the freight cost I have had:mad:

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
That SIDO number you were referring to is printed on the compliance plates in ALL aussie fords.
From memory ford keeps a list of the SIDO numbers for falcons for I think it's ten years before the numbers keep recycling themselves.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
SIDO is also used for tracking of cars from factory to dealer. Vehicle transport and survey reporting is all done via SIDO. Hence, every car has its own number.

Seems strange given VIN numbers these days..... :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing