Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved the new Perth Street Car Magazine and a disappointment with that 500kw EFI Windsor won't be seen until next issue. :(
An interesting read 520 hp Cleveland on ULP and not many exoctic parts in it from Kostecki Engine Centre. :D :D

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Ahh **** I was looking forward to that car being in the next issue! BUGGA! :eek:

Ohh well!

I was looking at some of the stuff on the Kostecki Engine Centre web site and those boys have some ipresive stuff on offer! Some of the clevos they offer sound like top pagages! :D

With so many great old Fords its hard to decide on the right car! I suppose the all weight roughly the same so performance wise there would not be a lot of difference!

gtho4 what car would be better for the following setup?

351 Clevo ~ 400hp
C4 or C6 tranny
9 inch diff with 3.77 or 4.11 gears (3.77-street, 4.11-drags)

An XC Fairmont Coupe or an XY Fairmont??????

also what time would this thing do down the quater?? 13's??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
400hp Clevo should do less than 13's with the right set up.
I would go for a C4 Trans cause the C6 will swallow up some HP
4.11 gears 3500+ hi stall convertor at least 750 cfm Holley probably 850cfm.
XC coupe... they look awesome with 15x10 rear wheels :D :D
But speak to the KEC they will give you a more accurate combo. :D

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Awsome thanks! :D

I love XC coupes mate coz they look unreal! I like em nice an low on big FATS! :nuts:

One bloke in Coogee had a white one! this thing is an animal! :cool:
You should see some of the burnouts he does!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then there is no excuse for him not to enter it in the burnout comp at Motorvation. :D :D

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
I'll might be there insted, in a couple of years! :D

I dont think i would be able to keep it off the walls, need some practrice! :nuts:

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
gtho4 said:
Just recieved the new Perth Street Car Magazine and a disappointment with that 500kw EFI Windsor won't be seen until next issue. :(
An interesting read 520 hp Cleveland on ULP and not many exoctic parts in it from Kostecki Engine Centre. :D :D
Is that the one with VU ute with stroker LS1 ?

·
Poor IT guy
506 Posts
If you watch The Motor Show, they had a small story on A1 Hi Performance about a month ago. At the end the story they started up the TE50. It is a blue TE50 and looks standard on the outside and even sounds standard.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
XtRmn8 said:
Ahh **** I was looking forward to that car being in the next issue! BUGGA! :eek:

Ohh well!

I was looking at some of the stuff on the Kostecki Engine Centre web site and those boys have some ipresive stuff on offer! Some of the clevos they offer sound like top pagages! :D

With so many great old Fords its hard to decide on the right car! I suppose the all weight roughly the same so performance wise there would not be a lot of difference!

gtho4 what car would be better for the following setup?

351 Clevo ~ 400hp
C4 or C6 tranny
9 inch diff with 3.77 or 4.11 gears (3.77-street, 4.11-drags)

An XC Fairmont Coupe or an XY Fairmont??????

also what time would this thing do down the quater?? 13's??

Personally id go for the XY but thats just me or maybe its because i have 2 already.

But on a serious note have you guys ever thought about joining a car club because im part of PERTH CITY STREET MACHINE and it would be good to see you and ur cars around at the meetings, we also host Motorvation so we get alot of benefits.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
gtho4 said:
gtho4, what car is engine meant to be in? is it a t series?

is there any other good cars in the mag?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep it's a TE50 Falcon. :D
Other cars are a 351 XF, a V8 XP coupe and unfortunately some Holdens. Nice HQ ute with 5.0 EFI though.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
may I ask what are your feelings of the V8s not going to perth next year? I REALLY REALLY would love to see perth have a street Race. Surely if they can find money for rally those capatilist bureaucrats can find a bit of money for a Race which everyone appreciates.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Cobra said:
may I ask what are your feelings of the V8s not going to perth next year? I REALLY REALLY would love to see perth have a street Race. Surely if they can find money for rally those capatilist bureaucrats can find a bit of money for a Race which everyone appreciates.
Well the government seems to think that it isnt profitable enough to have the Supercars here, but the dumbass's spent a **** load of money on a bell tower that looks like **** nobody likes it and it makes no money so go figure.
So my feelings are I better start saving my money to travel east or else im not going to get to see the V8'S.

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
Bell tower owns, dont be retarded. As for Perth not getting a round of the supercars... what a crock of ****. I'd really like to know why Perth is always getting the short end of the stick.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cobra said:
I'm pissed off about that... the last state government built Kwinana Motorplex to replace the Claremont Speedway and Ravenswood Raceway but this state government we have now are a stingey bunch. :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
SnaggS said:
Bell tower owns, dont be retarded. As for Perth not getting a round of the supercars... what a crock of ****. I'd really like to know why Perth is always getting the short end of the stick.
Not always. You should be a motorsport lover and live in Tasmania:(

When I watched the 500 race and saw TC make that announcement it was like turning back the clock 4 years.

You want my thoughts
WA lost the round at the start of the year!
If Avesco had the fans best interests at heart whats the problem.
Why have WA lost the round anyway, and don't try telling me it has anything to do with the track!!!!!
Take the venue they just came from. The track has as many issues as the WA venue.

Was there a safety issue?

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
HSE2 said:

Not always. You should be a motorsport lover and live in Tasmania:(

When I watched the 500 race and saw TC make that announcement it was like turning back the clock 4 years.

You want my thoughts
WA lost the round at the start of the year!
If Avesco had the fans best interests at heart whats the problem.
Why have WA lost the round anyway, and don't try telling me it has anything to do with the track!!!!!
Take the venue they just came from. The track has as many issues as the WA venue.

Was there a safety issue?

they cant use barbagallo because there is only one entrance road into the joint and they had to turn down a lot of people this year so the only alternative was a street race which has been rejected.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts