·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EL2:
To use this throttle body you need to bore out / machine the inlet to the plenum to match. Take that into account!

G

·
0 Posts
If I remember correctly the Cobra Intake or GT40 manifolds are able to take a 70mm throttlebody without machining that is if he has one or getting one.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
OUCH!!

throttle body part number is TAUTVE 9E926 A
RRP on this bastard is $847.00!!!

intersesting though the egr spacer is the same across the board.
maybe it will fit.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHOAH!! :eek: :eek:

Dat not cheap!! Hmm, you may be right.. if the spacer is the same, .... *ponders* Will see if Southside know anything..

Thanks mate! :thumbup:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok an update. Just spoke with Alan at Southside, he reckons that yes, with the spacer it shouldn't be a problem to fit. Also, the price they quoted me was a little lower at $783, but still pretty pricey. The SVO 65mm unit is currently $565.80.

*opens wallet*
*flock of starving moths fly away in horror and anxiety*
*begins crying like a little girl*

Hmm, got some saving to do! :cussing: :fmad: :(

·
7,777 Posts
Be sure about that machining thing. Tickford machine the manifolds for the 220 engines, so it makes sense that it has to be done.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True. Alan was also saying that on the T-Series, they run a manifold which doesn't have a spacer... haven't looked close enough to check this out..

When the time comes closer I'll be scrutineering, never fear!! :D

G

·
0 Posts
BBK -
70mm - 75 mm $529.95
70MM EGR Spacer $149.95
75mm EGR spacer $175.95

Holley -
70mm - 75 mm $559.95

From VPW

Much cheaper than $847 !

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not wrong mate!! Ta for that info. Anyone had any experience with these units? Comments?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
70mm is pretty damn big for a N/A 5.0L motor pushing only 300Hp, the Mustang Saleen S351 (Supercharged 5.8L) with 500Hp had only a 65mm....

There has been Magazine articles in the US proving that you make more Hp with a 65mm than a 70mm on a 'mild' tune N/A 5.0L.

G

·
0 Posts
Holley and BBK are good performance brands so you shouldn't have any problems with them.

·
7,777 Posts
GTHO4:
I hate the idea of animated signatures. But I broke my chair when I saw that one. Damn funny, in fact I'm ROTFLMHO*

* Copyright DOC Enterprises 2001

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok another update - it looks like that new Tickford unit has an EGR spacer built in to it, so it should be a straight bolt-on for my Explorer upper manifold, according to Herrod.

Just taking a look at the engine bay of the T-Series, doesn't look to be a regular EGR spacer so this sounds right! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts