Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had bad experiences with water leaks on the passenger side flooding the floor pan. I have had this looked at numerous times and still getting wet feet?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello there,
I used to have the same problem on an old car of mine. (Wont mention brand as it might offend some members). What the problem was the grill area in from of the wind screen used to fill with water due to the drain hose becoming blocked. When I turned the corner water used to flood in thru the air vents. I dont know if the later model cars still use a drain hose, but the water must escape from somewhere.

regards,
Sreve.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
the number one culprit is usually leaves too. ive had this happen in my XD and XF Ghia.

·
xe 351
67 Posts
this post just saved me getting a new heater core for the xe. i just assumed the core was leaking, but now i find big handfuls of actual mud in the bloody drain hole!! had to take the door and guard off to get all the crud out

·
Soon to become: Jake_XR6
515 Posts
I've got the same problem - driver side. After I wash the car, or rain under hard acceleration or going up hills, my feet get wet.
This is on AUI ! I will check for blockages this weekend - thanks for the tip.

·
Soon to become: Jake_XR6
515 Posts
UPDATE:

I have located the problem with the help of Ford dealership:

The brake booster box is welded to the underneath of the scuttle panel. Because the box comes under some pressure, this can cause hairline cracks in the scuttle panel, where water will leak through. This can be welded by ford (they have to remove dash) all up $500. I will attempt to fix this myself with silicone - probably not a permanent solution, but cheaper, if the problem comes back I will have to weld.

·
351 - What a magic number
772 Posts
BLACK XR6-VCT said:
UPDATE:

I have located the problem with the help of Ford dealership:

The brake booster box is welded to the underneath of the scuttle panel. Because the box comes under some pressure, this can cause hairline cracks in the scuttle panel, where water will leak through. This can be welded by ford (they have to remove dash) all up $500. I will attempt to fix this myself with silicone - probably not a permanent solution, but cheaper, if the problem comes back I will have to weld.
Mate, if you have to pull anything to bits to fix this, you're much better off to do it right the first time. If you bodge it up with silicone, I believe you're asking for trouble..
If you really need to seal it up temporarily, use a good quality sealant such as sikaflex. It's very flexible, and dries so you can paint it. Plus it will not promote rust like silicone will..

The best way is to effect proper welding repairs, and maybe strengthen the weak compnents so they don't crack again!!!

Shame on Ford for STILL not fixing a peculiar Falcon water leak problem that has been with us forever.....

Ed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts