Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Australian XR6 Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've recently got my new AU2 XR6 VCT, everyone keeps on telling me that there is a problem with the LSD in this model.

Mind you, they can't tell me what the problem is exactly. It's always a friend of a friend told them about it.

Can someone please let me know what the alleged problems are and what I should be looking out for ?????

Thanks heaps.

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
I had a clunking Diff in my AU1 XR6VCT for a while, but Ford know about it and when you report it at the service, they run a mod and mine has not clunked since. Other than that, i have had no probs

·
Australian XR8 Member
170 Posts
The early LSDiffs (up to #9000 I think) had a problem of clunking. I noticed thios with last car (build May 2000) but has gone with current one (March 2001).
For mine it happened first in a carpark. To get it to repeat, I did 3 turns full lock at about 5 km'h one way, then repeat opposite direction. It would clunk like a lock in 4wd diff on tarseal! It got so bad at last time rear end would clunk around 90 degree corners. Oil was changed 3 times, and an additive added. Diff went quiet for next 5000km until car went away and new one came.

·
BAII XR6T Driver!
571 Posts
Arhh glad someone has cleared this up. I have also read about LSD and IRS problems and didn't really know what they were refering too.

·
Australian XR8 Member
170 Posts
Look back in past threads and you'll see a couple somewhere on this - there were some 'in the know' comments and cures. Also I think the NSW or Vic Xr club forum had something too. I'm sure someone else will know exactly where!

·
Australian XR6 Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help.

At least I know what to look out for now.

XR6VCT - If I find some of the old threads AUIIXR8 mentioned, I will post links here.

·
BAII XR6T Driver!
571 Posts
Cool thanks Dinga.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts