Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put an EF Airbox lid and a t-series air intake on my AU2.

Doesnt appear to make any noticeable difference...

But looks ok :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I put a T series snorkel on my car, and felt a slight difference!?!? Maybe i believed there was a diference!!

·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there probably was a slight difference, I just couldnt notice it :) heh

·
Was XLS, now XR8 UTE!!
313 Posts
everyone seems to have a T-series snorkel on their cars..

how much of an improvement is it and where could i get one from?
i thought you couldnt purchase T-Series parts if you dont have a T-series??

and does anyone know if a TS-50 instrument cluster (with all gauges working) will fit in a AUIII falcon ute?

Cheers!

Teza

·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tez.

You can get the t-series snorkels from your local ford dealer
part number TAUTVE9A624A.

I dont think they make a great difference... but i dont have the dyno so i dont know!

The T-Series instrument cluster is an XR8 cluster with white dials.
It will fit your ute yes, with all looms in place. But apparently you need to make some changes to the oil pressure switch on the side of the engine to control the oil guage. Dunno what though.. this is just what I was told by a mechanic at work.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Are you guys chnaging the air filter as well when you do this mod.
If you are opening up the intake but leaving the restrictive element in place then the improvement won't be nearly as good as changing the element as well. Different elements themselves can add between 2-5 kws.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
IF you guys are thinking of changing to an aftermarket filter, choose either K&N or King Dragon they seem to be the best in the business. I've got the O2 Rush but will be changing when finances are available.

Oh yeah i moded my snorkel to the EL GT/XR intake scoop, they're actually bigger than the TSeries one and actually fit the E Series falcons.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
re:dash

oil pressure switch (that turns the dash warning light on) has to be removed and a oil pressure sender screwed in (to operate gauge)

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts