Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
You mean the pins you need to take the headunit out? I can get access to them if that's what you were after and would be glad to help if you lived in Geelong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a description of the pins for the plug("GND", "12V", etc)

wen't to a ford dealer they gave me a diagram of the electrical system of the car, which wasn't helpful, i guess u have to pay to get what u want

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got the radio without the car (i am aware of the security code problem)

i just know that it has 12 pins of the low half of the plug and about 10 in top, with the 2 outers pins being thicker than the rest

that's all i got at the moment =)

·
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)
357 Posts
So it sounds like it just has the one plug right? (apart from the ariel plug).

Is it double DIN?

What does it have - single CD, CD and Tape, 6-disk in-built stacker or some combination of these?

If it sounds similar to an AU2/3 one, then I can give you the pinouts, but I'm unsure whether they'd apply to an AU1 which I think had a couple of different head units.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just the one plug

what's double din ?

just a tape deck, actually i think it's from an AUII ( it looks like the one from
a taxi i got one time)

could u get me both pinouts then ? - i would prob need them both soons anyways :)

thanks dude

·
357 Posts
Double DIN means it's twice the height of the common head units you see in the shops etc. so the face is not so much like a rectangle shape but closer to square - like two normal head units sitting on top of each other. - All AU2/3 head units were double DIN AFAIK and I believe there was at least one single DIN ('regular' size) in the AU1 range.

According to the manual, as well as to my knowledge, every AU2/3 head unit had at least a single CD player, so it's sounds like yours must be from an AU1 maybe.

Also, the main plug on the AU2/3 is different according to the manual, with only 8 pins on top. I will give you the pinouts anyway for the AU2/3, connector 186 (which is the main one and is common on all the head units in the range). Just keep in mind, it sounds like yours is a different unit so this may mean nothing to you (ie. don't assume yours will be the same or similar to this), but it's all I got - may proove of use at some point:

I am listing the function of each pin, one after the other and when you are looking at the back of the head unit holding it the right way up - I will do the top row first and then the bottom row - from left to right:

TOP ROW
1- Ground
2- Dimming
3- R/LH speaker pos.
4- R/RH speaker pos.
5- F/LH speaker neg.
6- F/RH speaker neg.
7- Illumination
8- Battery pos.

BOTTOM ROW
1- External controls
2- External controls
3- Diagnostics
4- R/LH speaker neg.
5- Unlisted (unused)
6- R/RH speaker neg.
7- F/LH speaker pos.
8- Power antenna
9- F/RH speaker pos.
10- VSS signal
11- Blanked (unused)
12- Accessories

Steve.

·
3FB's Peter Pan!!!
777 Posts
If you need to you should be able to go to the dealer and get a copy of the car's audio wiring diagram. I got this when I upgraded the factory HU to my Pioneer MP3 HU. was pretty helpful.

·
357 Posts
Glad they worked truenoteno, don't you love it when manufacturers stick to some standardization amoungst models :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts