Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I have an AU series 1, i'm 'trying' to get the damn grey plastic centre facia off, i've read a couple of threads that say that it just "unclips" how the heck does it unclip, i'm already cut my finger try to pull the damn thing off! please help!.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
its really tight but it will just pull off... i think from memory there are 2 screws behind the ashtray? might be wrong though its been a while

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have temoved the screws, looks like i need to pull more (prardon the pun)

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Definatly nothing wrong with pulling more

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XTS220, I think you are correct, I now have 4 cut fingers and a dammaged ego!, the damn thing still wont come off!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I pulled the sterio out, removed the screws, and edged my fingers around the outside of the panels

It does pull off, but needs some force..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do i remove the stereo?

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
you need special hooks to snap in and then release the locking mechanism... You can get away with coathangers but its not easy... Is it a DD head unit? Or single with security torque bits?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a double

·
gone
10,402 Posts
You really need to update your profile so we know where you are...

any good Car Audio place will pop the unit out in under 10 secounds with thier tool

They propb help with telling you where the screws are too

cheers

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I been using the forums for over a year, man i'm lazy... should be updated now...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
ah yeah, i hate that stupid thing, i was fidding for 20 minutes trying to get it off, in the end i gave up coz my fingers were all sliced.
never got it off and installed the stereo without taking it off as i found out i didnt have to :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need to take mine off becuase the damn thing rattles, and its giveing me the s#%t's

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
yep as everyone has said, you need to take the stereo out, there is two screws behind it (i left mine out, so the stereo can stay in next time) Like laminge said, most stereo places will do it for free. Then remove the ash tray, as you have done, take the screws out, it then unclips, but you will have to disconect power to the cigerette lighter, etc..

not to hard, once you get past that stereo.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I use Gary Car Radio in the City, the Store Manager is Tom

Been using him for over 10 years now... my last 3 AU's was simple task to pop the sterio, however if you try it yourself, like i did on the TE, I pushed to far in and stuffed uo the clips and had to drill them out!

cheers

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
For memory Ford can sell you the part to remove it, i just dont know how much its worth - If your in QLD i can probarly help you out with removing it, but it will cost.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I found a set of these in my car after my premium head unit stuffed up, I guess they accidently left them there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts