Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, I saw it in the carpark at the GMC400 and thought it was unusual. You don't see many Falcons or Fairmonts done up, usually only XR8s.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Front view.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Thanks heaps for those shots. I will be saving those for sure. Appart from the grill I love that kit. I have to say when you see AUs like that and you see some of the supposed drawings of AV;)
I just shake my head. Do you think the AU detractors would still think that car is ugly?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Appart from the grill I love that kit.
How good do you think that would look with the normal AUII Fairmont grille? Looks a treat ay.. :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Myself I would opt for the T series grill!
That'd be a goodun too!! :D Hmmm.. is anyone spamming Ford.com.au with these ideas?? ;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:

That'd be a goodun too!! :D Hmmm.. is anyone spamming Ford.com.au with these ideas?? ;)
I never liked the look of the Fairmont bonnet with that little snout look right above the grill. On side profile it just didn't look right to me so I was horrified when even the base model in series 2 picked up this hood. Shows what i know about taste and car design eh. Anyway this design would have worked wonders for the series 1 cars. I am even starting to like the grill

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I reckon that grille is worse than AU1 Forte..... shocker!!!!!!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
This car is proof that the AU shape is a looker. It just needs 17inch-plus wheels and a proper ride height.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
This is my favourite thread and I agree Pete that car looks great and I also agree about the grill. I would like to see one in the flesh. The 3/4 front shot shows up the rear wheel arch gap that turns people off. Bigger wheels would go along way to fixing this small glitch

·