Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are troubled by the common AU Falcon door seal chatters, I have found a solution.

Get some Dupont Krytox. Its one mother of a lubricant.

Boy does it work wonders. Rub it along the door seals. and your noise is gone.!

The noise of this chatter on my car got to the point it was soooo loud, I was going crazy, and didnt want to drive the car...

This stopped it dead in its tracks,.!

·
Registered
16 Posts
AU falcon Door Seal Chatter

Hey Jaytyn,
I have the same problem and the ongoing solution has been to turn up the vibes load enough to drown out the doorseal squeaks!
I've tried about everything except 'Dupont Krytox', tell the mass's whereabouts can we obtain this lube?

·
2,153 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, on the drivers window just where my right ear is. I had the dealer check it out about two months ago. They replaced the windows motor (?) and that silenced it up until this weekend when it came back even worse than before. I'll double check what they replaced exactly, but at the time I couldn't understand what that had to do with a window vibration.

Turning the music up is my solution also at the moment.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I had the window seals replaced but when I drove it away it was still the same.. Pumping up the volume seems to be the only cure at the moment...

GP and HJ.. please have this fixed on the AV 'cause it's a tad annoying after a while..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ah I have the same problem but I thought it door rub.

Stereo was my fix too but I was planning on some lube on the seal, si I would be interested in this stuff too

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I must have been lucky with my AU. No air leaks around the doors at all.....until the bloody wind caught the door one day while I was opening it (typical sh!tty Ballarat winters day), ripped the handle out of my hand. End result, one "sprung" door that doesn't shut as smooth a you'd like and, yep a bit of air chatter around the top of the drivers door. This stuff sounds like a good thing. Autobahn or Repco I'm guessing jaytyn? :cool:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
i can imagine that chatter on the doors for you AU guys is damn annoying, especially if you can't cure it. The AU2 Fairmont i drive at work hasn't had that problem yet.

Good to see alot of you are curing the noise by turning the stereo up.

·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, its good stuff, but yuo want to be careful not to rub it off when getting in/out of the car.

It is made by Dupont, and you can get it from anywhere that sells dupont products...

I was told by a Ford Engineer to use this on the seals, and it works wonders.

It hasnt hapened on prior models, my guess is that ford have made the AU doors so that they close easier. (Not enough preload between the door and the seal.)

If they moved the striker in, it would increase the load on the seal, and the noise would not be bad. BUT, i would prefer an easier closing door!

Hope this helps!

·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot to mention, my door seal chatter didnt show up until about 23,000kms.

·
2,153 Posts
I found the invoice from the waranty job they did on my vibrating window. They replaced the window regulator, part number AU2 F23200 B.

My problem is the top right hand corner of the glass is vibrating against the window seal. I don't think puting lubricant there will help.

What does the regulator do? I'm a bit confused as to what that had to do with vibrating glass?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
jaytyn said:
I forgot to mention, my door seal chatter didnt show up until about 23,000kms.
I was a bit latter but these guys with the window noise is making me think that I should re check where the noise is coming from.

Seems to have happened around the same time as the window tinting!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
I found the invoice from the waranty job they did on my vibrating window. They replaced the window regulator, part number AU2 F23200 B.

My problem is the top right hand corner of the glass is vibrating against the window seal. I don't think puting lubricant there will help.

What does the regulator do? I'm a bit confused as to what that had to do with vibrating glass?
Hard to imaging it has anything to do with it unless the entire window is moving in the frame.

·
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The chatter i was referring to is from the door seal rubber on the door and also the one on the body.

This chatter can sometimes be mistaken for coming from the window runner seal as I found out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts