Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am going to replace the front speakers in the AU but I thought before I get some I should get the diameter.

Anyone remeber offhand?

Also has anyone tried fitting a 10" sub to the rear parcel shelf without removing any metal?

Thanks

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
TheBow said:
Hi,

I am going to replace the front speakers in the AU but I thought before I get some I should get the diameter.

Anyone remeber offhand?

Also has anyone tried fitting a 10" sub to the rear parcel shelf without removing any metal?

Thanks
Yeap 5 x 7's in the front and the rear..

10" in the rear parcel shelf........ Hmmmmmmmmm

Mate think of it this way, the magnet in the speaker drives the cone material. The bigger the speaker the bigger the magnet.
You will find that it will also want to drive what it is attached to. What you will get is heaps of vibration from the shelf and other metal attached.. If you want to go a 10" stick it in a box...

Nipper.......

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Dont forget aftermarket speakers in the front doors may need spacing a little to prevent rubbing on window.

·
proffesional stupid head
156 Posts
hehe

i put 6" speakers in the door of my toyota

wouldnt fit cause they rubbed on the window

just used 2 pieces of cardboard for each speaker cut to size behind the door lining

worked loke a dream :)

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: AU front door speaker size?

Nipper said:

Yeap 5 x 7's in the front and the rear..

10" in the rear parcel shelf........ Hmmmmmmmmm

Mate think of it this way, the magnet in the speaker drives the cone material. The bigger the speaker the bigger the magnet.
You will find that it will also want to drive what it is attached to. What you will get is heaps of vibration from the shelf and other metal attached.. If you want to go a 10" stick it in a box...

Nipper.......
I had trouble finding 5x7's so I fitted 6x9's to the rear - I actually mounted them below the shelf rather than into the metal and that worked fine. I was wondering if I could do the same for the sub but as you said I may be out of luck. I'll probably just stick to an 8" if I decide I want to do it as I am not fully sick anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts