Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas where to get some cheap interior parts.

I've just fitted power windows to the rear of my AU XR series 1. I have used original switches and fitted them into the hole where the winder was. Looks okay but would look better with proper door trim with switches in the handle.

Any comments appreciated.

While on the subject of interiors I too am doing the chrome door handle changeover (+5kW). To go along with this I am going to make up some custom chrome discs to fit over the plugs in the front door trim (similar to T series). My work involves laser cutting and laser engraving so I am going to engrave Tickford wings and logo into these discs. They will be fitted with double sided tape so they could go on rear doors as well. (+ another 5kW)

I would be happy (within reason to produce a few more if any of you guys here want them)

Let me know

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
How easy is it to fit the chrome handles?

Too easy.......

If its an AU series 1 the whole handle assembly is riveted on. It is easier just pull the pins from the handle assembly and then replace only handle part. The trick when putting them back on is lining up the spring and making sure the pin goes through the inside of the spring.

Trust me it is easy, have put them on both AU & AU2

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
my au2 was piss easy, i had to take the door trims off. (quick job) unscrew the old handles, place cable into new handle, and screw back together!

took about 10 minutes per door..

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
XR6HP said:
I've just fitted power windows to the rear of my AU XR series 1. I have used original switches and fitted them into the hole where the winder was. Looks okay but would look better with proper door trim with switches in the handle.
What did you do (in detail if you can) to install the power windows into the rear doors?

As for the sills, I'm thinking the chrome T3 jobbies are the go. :D

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
I put a fairmont ghia leather steering wheel in on the weekend.
Looks good :)

Just waiting on the chrome buttons on the auto handle.

I'll take some pics soon!

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Venom XR

Sorry for the delay, been away for a few days R&R.

I organised original mechanisms and switches from a company down here called electric life.

They installed the mechnaisms and wiring. I then modified the switches to fit into the exisiting winder holes. The end result looks fine but obviously does not look factory. I had to fix the wiring as it was a bit shoddy form these guys. Its all fairly simple all running from the front drivers door.

I will get a hold of a digital camera and post some photos for you a.s.a.p.

My guess would be around a full days work if you have a bit of electrical knowledge.

Cost around $600.00

As for as the "T" series discs I am talking about the ones that cover the black plastic circle on the door trim itself.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
pull the middle console off and have it sprayed the same colour as the car! it would look sweet as! i'll probably do that eventually if i can be bothered.

i'm getting my gear spacer tomorrow morning so it should be done by the afternoon! i'll get the doorhandles next week, and hopefully the gearknob soon after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts