Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at a 2001 XR8 AU2 220kw (white) today, it had all the usual extras-p/s a/c all electrics, cruise etc, and only 21,000 kms. It looked spotless and they had $31,888 on it. Seeing that you pay over $50k for a newie I reckon it's a not a bad deal. Does this sound like a good buy to you guys? Also does anyone know the 400m and 0-100m times for this model? It's an auto, Any input much appreciated. Thanx

Mark.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
If it look's A1 to you then why not,
0-100 was around 6.8-7,0 sec's and 14.5-15 roughly
I'd say go for it, they look great in white.

·
Registered
57 Posts
xr8power said:
Just looked at a 2001 XR8 AU2 220kw (white) today, it had all the usual extras-p/s a/c all electrics, cruise etc, and only 21,000 kms. It looked spotless and they had $31,888 on it. Seeing that you pay over $50k for a newie I reckon it's a not a bad deal. Does this sound like a good buy to you guys? Also does anyone know the 400m and 0-100m times for this model? It's an auto, Any input much appreciated. Thanx

Mark.
The low km's and the 220kw make it attractive. The BA has really hurt resale values of the AU model.

Also appears to be a difficult market. I'm trying to sell a 2000 AU11 XR8 200kw, 52000km's and in exc condition and I'm having trouble finding someone with the actual $26000 I want for it (had buyers who want it - but can't get the money/finance together).

Sorry I don't have numbers for the 220kw.

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I remember seeing this model and AU3 XR8's advertised only a few months ago for 40 grand plus! Must be the popularity of the BA- more people spending the extra dollars for the brand new model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
xr8power said:
Yeah I remember seeing this model and AU3 XR8's advertised only a few months ago for 40 grand plus! Must be the popularity of the BA- more people spending the extra dollars for the brand new model.
And at this price your only $5000 - $6000 away from a new BA XR6.

Would give you the buyer some bargaining leverage I would think - you can have mine for $26k!!

·
Found On Rubbish Dumps
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Falconawsome- wats the lowndown on ur car? does it have mods? are u the original owner?

·
Registered
57 Posts
xr8power said:
Falconawsome- wats the lowndown on ur car? does it have mods? are u the original owner?
Stock Galaxy Blue, Auto, 52000km's, 9 mths Rego, Lowered Suspension (through Pedders), Tint, 6 In dash CD, XR Mats, W/Shields, Air, Cruise Control, Log Books.

I have listed on Ford Forum site (Cars for Sale - AU11 XR8 Auto) and a picture is in that thread.

It is my first ever brand new car and I have mothered it from day one. Both externally and internally it is in excellent condition. Only selling because I was presented with what I considered a bargain on a BA - and it is not practicle to keep both.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
It's unclear what options the car has. The XR8 values can vary widely based on options - for example my AU2 XR8 220 cost more than a T-Series when I bought it.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Falcon Awesome said:
Stock Galaxy Blue, Auto, 52000km's, 9 mths Rego, Lowered Suspension (through Pedders), Tint, 6 In dash CD, XR Mats, W/Shields, Air, Cruise Control, Log Books.

I have listed on Ford Forum site (Cars for Sale - AU11 XR8 Auto) and a picture is in that thread.

It is my first ever brand new car and I have mothered it from day one. Both externally and internally it is in excellent condition. Only selling because I was presented with what I considered a bargain on a BA - and it is not practicle to keep both.
Sounds like you have a nice car. What did the BA cost you?

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
There's also a couple of 2001/2 AUIII XR8 220's with low k's I've seen advertised for that price. One of them was a manual, which is a pretty rare find.

·
Registered
57 Posts
RATT said:
Sounds like you have a nice car. What did the BA cost you?
Which one? I think they are both nice cars.

The BA was actually purchased through Peter Warren Warwick Farm - Sales Mangers drive car with 3000 km on the clock. You should tell me if I got a good buy.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Yep both sound like they're good rides. A drive car is always good to buy as they must be kept in good condition at all times and not to mention the price.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i dindt kno au2's came out withs 220kw... just checked a few sites to make sure they did and i was surprised that they do!!! well u learn somethin evry day!!! by all means it sounds good so snap it up!!! :hy:

·
Registered
57 Posts
RATT said:
Yep both sound like they're good rides. A drive car is always good to buy as they must be kept in good condition at all times and not to mention the price.
Has your friend sold his car yet and is he ready to have a look at the AU?

I called in the other day but you weren't around so I just checked out the merchandise and left.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
I'm guessing you came in on Wednesday? That's my "weekend"!

Not sold yet but he wouldn't mind having a look as I am in the process of lining up a buyer. I'll keep in touch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
RATT said:
I'm guessing you came in on Wednesday? That's my "weekend"!

Not sold yet but he wouldn't mind having a look as I am in the process of lining up a buyer. I'll keep in touch.
I think it was Wednesday actually - can't recall exactly but thats around the time. I was on holidays and each day just seemed to roll into the next with a bit of Jim Beam in between.

Not a problem about seeing the car - the more the see it the better chance I'll selling. People will appreciate it's condition better when they see it. Just send me another message and we will tee up something that suits.

Is he reallly serious about buying something or just "tyre kicking" (as you car sales industry people like to call it)?

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
No he's dead set on buying. It's selling his car that's the problem which always seems to be an issue for most people anyway. He has found an AUII XR8 with leather, premium sound and bodykit for $23000 (?!) which I will have to sus out because that is cheap.

I'll keep in touch anyway.

Sorry to hijack your thread xr8power!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
RATT said:
He has found an AUII XR8 with leather, premium sound and bodykit for $23000 (?!) which I will have to sus out because that is cheap.
**** me! Is it the 220kw version? Even still, that is a bloody effen good price!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts