Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm after clear AU (side) indicators for my EB but the guy I spoke to today said I had to modify the car for them to fit. Has anybody done this? and can you tell me how to go about it?

·
Registered
847 Posts
It depends on how you want them to fit if you want them to fit the same as AU small pointy forward some modification is required, but if you like them backwards they fit fine. The bulb holders have to be trimmed with a stanley knife or scissors will do, so that the fit properly.

here is a pic of mine. AU series III lens and orange bulb, the pic has made them look cloudy they are actually clear.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't really worry me how they fit, just as long as they're clear. I like yours, so I'll do them like that. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
no worries i think they were like 13.50 each amd 3 dollars each for orange bulbs.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Mexcellent i must say, do it everyone and it will be obvious who early e series members are.

·
Registered
102 Posts
uummmmmm are u serious?????????? they fit the proper way arrow pointing forward u just gotta know how to put it in it fits trust me without modifying anything at all

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TIKFD6 said:
Or you could put on BA indicators which require a bit more modification.

They need to be sunk into the plastic. Well dont need to, but look better that way.
It's not a pain in the butt job is it?

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Will ba indicators fit an el ghia since they are recessed in plastic allready

·
Registered
847 Posts
no they are much shorter in length

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
well since we are all putting up pics of our side indicators, these are mine:

yes, they are from the dark side (IE VT commo series II) but they are also (in their amber form) fitted to some mazdas and other cars i cant think of - so its not entirely sacralige...

never seen another E-series with them either :D

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
and to think i was about to compliment you on how nice a car you have :p

a girl that owns a falcon....and a bloody nice/fast one at that...its typical you live in victoria...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rollin said:
and to think i was about to compliment you on how nice a car you have :p

a girl that owns a falcon....and a bloody nice/fast one at that...its typical you live in victoria...
OH, well in that case.. I'm sorry

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
EDFPV-6 so how do you put them on with out moding anything ??

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
redGhia said:
Will ba indicators fit an el ghia since they are recessed in plastic allready
if u wanted clear incicators on an EL Ghia, i think the Fairlane Clear indicators are a straight swap. assuming EL Ghia's have the indicator surround.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
hey rollin how easy did them oval ones of yours go in?

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
EDFPV-6 said:
uummmmmm are u serious?????????? they fit the proper way arrow pointing forward u just gotta know how to put it in it fits trust me without modifying anything at all
this is true i put mine in the RIGHT way looks dodge backwards IMO. also i used the bulb holders out of EF side indicators (same as AU obviously) from a wreckers you dont need to modify them to fit in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts