Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this pic I took of the AU prototype or whatever it was called that I took for a spin in a few years back.

There was a pretty funny sticker inside that threatened dire consequences if it was driven in public.

Grill was from the Futura, wheels look like they never made it to production, but I preferred them to the final product...

Just thought I'd post it if anyones interested, now that its definitely not a secret anymore. :CraZ:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Very interesting... Now that we know the shape you can see it straight off.. but not bad disguises considering.. :)

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I do have the original concept for the XD falcon lyin around here somewhere. I'll have to see if I can dig that up.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Sorry if the image was distorted for some peoples views, i tried to clip the image size down so it would be easier to view however I was unsuccesful so I put it back to the way it originally was.

·
2,153 Posts
Just about every Falcon prototype photo I have seen seems to have the same background, the white wall with the row of trees in front. If you look at the AU prototype photos wheels published when it was launched you will noticed it was also taken at the same spot.

Anyone own a helicopter and a good zoom lens?
;) ;)

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
The V8 supercar showcar pic was taken there too.

Heh if we can't get a helicopter has anyone got enough free time to did a very long tunnel? we can tunnel in and hide cameras in the trees :D ;)

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
A radio controlled helicopter with a camera attached to it would do. I really think its time that they showed some photos of the AV though so people don't get startled like they did with the AU.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
RPO83 said:
I really think its time that they showed some photos of the AV though so people don't get startled like they did with the AU.
The details of the styling haven't been sorted yet, that's why there's no pictures of the AV. All the engineering goodies are being tested on mules as we speak (but we know that anyway), it's basically just the stying to go. 'Supposed to be a very classy looking car. Lets hope so anyway!!.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
After seeing all those prototype pics I went through an old Wheels where they do a feature on the brand new EA which also shows a hole lot of prototype pics.

But there was one thing that caught my eye and it wasnt any pic. It was the performance figures, they got 15.5 1/4mile out of a MPFI Spak 5 speed Sedan!!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah I can't wait to see the resal thing. It could change my future buying plans.

I do know that if I had seen the Au I would have complained about the ride height the wheel selection and the rear end. Sorry guys front would probably stayed the same but the Fairmont bonnet would have got the chop

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Just saw the AU prototype pic and I gotta say at first glance it looks almost like a commodore. Thank god those wheel trims hit the bin. I just wish the wheels that were on some of the AU ute prototypes made it. That '80s car actually looked alright and would have been great if it was the proper size. I also think it interesting that the green blackwood proprosal had 3.3 badges on it. Have to agree on the AU sedan ride height and rear end. Lower and a spoiler realy improved it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
FTEfan
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing