Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2002 series 3 XR6 manual that we bought new.We drove it 50 metre's down the road an noticed a clunk when changing gears coming from either the gearbox or the diff.We have had it back to Ford on more than one occassion and all they say is it's within specifications.Does any body know how or where this can be rectified.My email is [email protected] if anybody has the answer to this could you please contact me .Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't have a fix, but I have an AUII 'S' pak and it also makes a clunk sound when changing gear.

I had it back to the dealer twice and they can't hear it or find it.

My car's warranty runs out soon, so I am getting NRMA to do a thorough inspection of it, so I can get anything they find fixed be the warranty runs out.

Cheers
Stephen

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Is it an IRS rear? Do you have the clunk under power on/ power off?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Mal Wood Automotive in Warwick is the only person who can fix this problem. He is associated with the QLD XR club and has fixed many of the members rides - something to do with a shim!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeap have an AUII XR6 and same thing, can't be fixed unless one goes to a gearbox/differential place. At best you get another brand new diff and it will clunk as soon as you leave the dealer.

Might have to pay a visit to Malwoods when up North sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts