Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the numbers of what an AU1 XR6 VCT (not HP) should be able to do the 1/4 mile in? Either a Wheels or Motor run would be great!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
According to Motor in Sept 1999 15.5

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Methinks casper is getting a little edgy before the "AU series 1 SHOWDOWN" at Heathcote on the 10th of January, or as i like to refer to it as the

"Casper SMACKDOWN!!!!!!"

Holy CRAP after that little outburst i better damn well win........... now where did i put that supercharger?

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually, I just wanted to know what I could reasonably expect and give you guys a heads up on what is possible to run in my car.
Remember, I have an auto so it looks like ANYTHING under 16 seconds would be a bonus!

oh, and Kooky... you better win or I'll be doing the "pointing happy dance" in your direction! :disco:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yeah anything under 16 would be great for me, saw an ef xr6 do a 15.5 or so at Calder he was running 18's on his so anything near that would be good.

Looks like i might try to get a dyno tune before the day. *crosses fingers*

may even look at some second hand sticky rubber to put on my old stockie 16's for the rear, then again maybe not....... the falken rubber is just shite! but at least if you beat me i have an excuse?

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kooky said:
Yeah anything under 16 would be great for me, saw an ef xr6 do a 15.5 or so at Calder he was running 18's on his so anything near that would be good.

Looks like i might try to get a dyno tune before the day. *crosses fingers*

may even look at some second hand sticky rubber to put on my old stockie 16's for the rear, then again maybe not....... the falken rubber is just shite! but at least if you beat me i have an excuse?
thats your excuse? bwahahahahahahaha.

Casper goes and kisses his brand new Dunlop Sp3000a's!

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
this will be fun guys, all the best but it looks like casper with the new Dunlops will jump of the line quicker kooky, maybe you should bolt on hotbdz snail for the run hehehe

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bluedriver said:
this will be fun guys, all the best but it looks like casper with the new Dunlops will jump of the line quicker kooky, maybe you should bolt on hotbdz snail for the run hehehe
I doubt it :s6: My little car is carrying a HEAP more weight to move off the line! I'll be happy if I stay withing a car length of the Kooky mobile! And I think both of us well be happy to stay that close to AU1SIXA.

As for the V8's, I'll be happy to still SEE them by the line :fraz:

In the end, I just want to beat 16 seconds...win or lose!

Going to be a HOOT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
hmmmm 150kgs less in the hp XR6 Bluedriver, with 2 1/2 inch zorst (extractors maybe?) I hope I can overhaul the ghost mobile he he going to be fun trying! drop the tyre pressures and see what happens hey?

BTW AU1SIXA may just make fools out of both of us in the LPG SLURPIN FREAK!

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
OK Casper, strip off the door trims, spare wheel goes out obviously,rear seat and passenger front. Glove box items LOL Heck there's some serious weight reduction LOL

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
should get me one of those fancy carbon fibre bonnets too!

/me starts crash diet....time to lose 20kg's! :s6:

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Bluedriver said:
maybe you should bolt on hotbdz snail for the run hehehe
So I take it this showdown is six months away if you could just "bolt on" Mal's turbo?! :wnc:

·
Soon to become: Jake_XR6
515 Posts
I ran 15.9 at 89 mph at heathcote. My car is manual '99 VCT but is running dual fuel and had [email protected] tyres....

Anyway, see how you go.

Jake.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BLACK XR6-VCT said:
I ran 15.9 at 89 mph at heathcote. My car is manual '99 VCT but is running dual fuel and had [email protected] tyres....

Anyway, see how you go.

Jake.
So, would you consider 15.9 to be the quickest your car could do? (with those tyres)

·
Soon to become: Jake_XR6
515 Posts
It was my first time down the 1/4 mile, and I ran 3 times.

With a few more goes, and better tyres perhaps a few tenths better would be achievable.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
BLACK XR6-VCT said:
It was my first time down the 1/4 mile, and I ran 3 times.

With a few more goes, and better tyres perhaps a few tenths better would be achievable.
My sister in law drives an AU Fairmont Ghia VCT, i dont think its much more powerful than a regular 6...i know its 4kw short of an XR6...but thats 4kw..you know? might be a taller diff ratio though? who knows

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
chevypower said:
My sister in law drives an AU Fairmont Ghia VCT, i dont think its much more powerful than a regular 6...i know its 4kw short of an XR6...but thats 4kw..you know? might be a taller diff ratio though? who knows
Yeah, the ghia has VCT but is heavier, has a taller diff and a more restricted exhaust. Still, they are not slow.

Somehow though I dont think the extra 8kw (172kw vs 164kw) my car has over the HP will make up for the extra 150kg's.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
One way or the other Shane its gonna be heaps of fun finding out! Just hope i dont break anything.

You take off nice and straight while i fight for traction with half a turn of opposite lock!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Somehow, I think losing traction will be the last of my problems. Need power to lose traction :s6:

Time to head out of town for some practice launches!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts