Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You wouldnt believe this but I saw an au xr wagon. I cant confirm if this is a genuine xr as I was driving at the time, Botany. Did ford ever release an au xr wagon?

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
There is one cruising around up here in Brissie. I believe it's just a aftermarket kit.

BTW, am I allowed to mention the Blues getting crushed here? ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi all,

The XRs were only built as a wagon in the ED and EF models.

I know with previous models, if you had the dough it was possible to mix and match between models and end up with a fairly unique machine. I have seen a Fairmont wagon with the XR front and they do look trick.

Tony from Tickford said this in a reply
"I am yet to meet or hear about an unhappy
owner of an XR6 Wagon. There were just simply not enough of them to justify
continuing the model beyond EF....damn shame!"
I think that sums it up
Paul B

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Hey all,

The AU xr wagon was not built, but here in Brissy, as grunter suggested, Metro Ford actually brought out a limited run of what are known as XRS Wagons. Just literally the XR front on either a Forte or Futura Body.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Kerry,

You are correct in what you say,there is no substitute for the real thing. You can put the XR gear on but it is Tickford that gives it the wings. (Hey I should be in advertising)Anyway Ford don't make a manual Fairmont.

TTFN
Paul

S

·
0 Posts
yes there is or was a AU XR6 wagon on the coast here also, was just a fairmont or forte' wagon with the xr front.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys,
I thought I'd add my two cents worth. I was in Parramatta Westfield carpark today and I also saw a wagon like this. They must be getting around. It was silver and had the XR front and XR6 badges with the Tickford wings. It was really well done.

Steve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts