Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate of mine just bought an AUII (maybe III) XR8 Ute. The bloke he bought it off told him it was the 220kw engine and he had put a twin 2.5 exhaust on it and thought it was making around 240 - 250kw at the flywheel.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they only made the ute on 200kw form and just a twin 2.5 zorst would take it to maybe 220kw max.....?

Matt

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
There were a samll number of Au Xr8 utes that were lucky enough to score the 220kw engine apparently. Check for the Tickford Wings embosed in the throtle Body. Or get him to send his engine number to FPV asking them what state of tune the engine is.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
This is still a myth about these 220kw motor's in the ute's, I wish I knew but even Ford dont believe they put the 220 motor's in the ute's but there are some owner's out there who believe they have them but nobody seem's to be able to explain it,a photo of the engine bay would be good.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Even if it was 220kw's from the factory, gettin an extra 20-30 kws from an exhaust is a bit much i would reckon. Whats it matter what it had or is supposed to have, take it to a dyno an find out himself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good points made. It does have the badge with the signature of the guy who tuned the engine, like my TS50. Don't know if they were putting the badges on the 200kw version.

Flavze, probably the best option, your right.

Matt

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
Mattm said:
Good points made. It does have the badge with the signature of the guy who tuned the engine, like my TS50. Don't know if they were putting the badges on the 200kw version.

Flavze, probably the best option, your right.

Matt
mattm my ute has the 200kw motor and the builders signature tag,me thinks that the 220kw motor in the series 3 au ute is a urban myth? :idk:

http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/8904200kw_engine.jpg

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
my impression is that all motors above 185kw have those plaques as they were hand built up from 185

the tickford badge sylox is talking about should be on the THROTTLE BODY

oh and also, any way of finding out stuff about your personal engine builder?

·
Bottle Feed Your Baby
152 Posts
I have a series 3 200kw and it had the wings on the throttle body.. and the engine plark. Built by Tony Stammar. Aparently if you ring the coustomer relations centre in Melb they can give you the info on the builder

·
Previously XR8_Ute
224 Posts
I have passed a black ute identical to mine on the Motorway that did have the 220kw badge on the rear. It's the only one i have seen, whether he stuck it on or not......?

·
Bottle Feed Your Baby
152 Posts
id say he stuck it on, cause i asked if i could get the 220kw motor when i orderd it, and they said it wasnt available in the ute

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I've seen a silver one too with the 220 kw on the back, I'd say he stuck it on though.

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
With the final run out of AU3 sedans and utes, tickford put the 220kw engine in the utes aswell, you can tell by the Tickford "wings" on the throttle body if it's the 220kw jobbie

·
Bottle Feed Your Baby
152 Posts
but mine had the wings on the throttle body, and it was only a 200.. I kno wthis cause it was a slug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts