Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks grunter, but i don't think i'll need it anytime soon.
actually, depends...

ok, i'll give it a go anyway! hehe
my breakes are up for replacement soon, so if i have to get the rotors machined i'll rather get new slotted DBA rotors for the money.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
adviliax mortus said:
thanks grunter, but i don't think i'll need it anytime soon.
actually, depends...

ok, i'll give it a go anyway! hehe
my breakes are up for replacement soon, so if i have to get the rotors machined i'll rather get new slotted DBA rotors for the money.
I did all the brakes on my EL on the weekend. New standard DBA rotors and ultimates all round. The anchors work heaps better now but my front wheels are getting dirtier and dirtier everyday. I couldn't justyfy the cost of putting the DBA slotted on as it's a street car and all it will really do is just make you go through pads quicker. There's not much benefit for the use of the vehicle IMHO...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yes its 287mm in diameter(front)

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
martin

sweet! thanks mate! so basically, DBA rotors should just bolt str8 on, no mods required?

jase

i'm using ultimates right now but with standard ford rotors and i need more braking power... the standard brakes are simply not adequate for my driving style so i have to try other avenues. plus, i've got a bit of a discount on the slotted rotors (front) and solid rotors (rear) so the cost shouldn't be an issue. let me put it this way - two front rotors (slotted) and two rears (solid) should cost me less than what machining cost me last time i had it done! i think... i can't find the invoice to check...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
How much did you pay for machining????? From memory a Mobile Disc Machiner(he comes to your place and machines the discs on the car) I know of charges $20 a disc.
If you take the discs into a mechanic it should cost around $10 a disc?

Yes the DBA discs are designed to be a direct bolt-on replacement.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
adviliax mortus said:
martin

sweet! thanks mate! so basically, DBA rotors should just bolt str8 on, no mods required?

jase

i'm using ultimates right now but with standard ford rotors and i need more braking power... the standard brakes are simply not adequate for my driving style so i have to try other avenues. plus, i've got a bit of a discount on the slotted rotors (front) and solid rotors (rear) so the cost shouldn't be an issue. let me put it this way - two front rotors (slotted) and two rears (solid) should cost me less than what machining cost me last time i had it done! i think... i can't find the invoice to check...
I cant see them helping you stop any better. You'll need bigger discs for that....

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Martin

I checked with my mechanic today - it's not that much. I was thinking of the entire service cost - consumables, machining, brake pads, labour, the works.

Jase

they wouldn't make the car stop better, but they would reduce brake fade and that's what i'm mainly concerned about. also, that's what i was implying in my previous post. the brakes are ok when they are cold though because i'm using bendix ultimates. much better than ford stuff!

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Maybe you could consider an AUII upgrade? Twin-pot calliper and slightly meatier disc? Needs a suspension upright cand swaybar change, I think, in addition to discs/callipers - dunno costs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts