Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked to see if the top bar of the AU1 grill impedes the air intake. I've noticed that the space between the bonnet and the top bar of the grill is very narrow........so narrow that I'm thinking of modifying the grill to accomodate greater airflow........any thoughts

L

·
0 Posts
how are you Roger,
i have a xr6 au 1 i changed the snokel from the t-series v8 and built a custom pick up plate to force air into the snokel big improvement straight away the plate idea came from ssinduction web site,i used a peice of stainless steel metal a cut it to shape ,make sure you disconnect battery and wait 1/2 hour to reset computer after doing work on intake,helps reset computer maps.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
The air intake for your car is fine, you don't have to worry about it.

If you do have doubts, I agree with LongJohn1. Do what we did and buy a T series snorkle, they are $27 at your Ford dealer. They are larger than the 6 or 8 intake and have the Tickford wings on them. It will fit on exactly the same as your present intake.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the larger snorkle on it....................thats not the issue............the issue is the gap between the bonnet and the top fin of the grill...there is about half a centimeter between them........i would imagne the total area of space between the grill and the bonnet is less the the size of the snorkle opening

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Intake

Guys, if you have a look at the www.ssinductions.com they have a product which seems to address this problem. I'm currently making up a couple to show everyone on here. If people are interested I'll make up a pile and charge $12.50 (this includes postage). Stay tuned.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Goes to show how overpriced ssinductions are. As I said earlier $27 gets you the larger T-Series intake, and a piece of bent sheet metal from XR8Sam saves you $350.

·
No pain, no gain!
31 Posts
XR8SAM said:
I'm currently making up a couple to show everyone on here. If people are interested I'll make up a pile and charge $12.50 (this includes postage). Stay tuned.
Sounds good, and I hope you've got pics! ;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The intake mod

Here is prototype #1 guys. It is attatched using the intake snorkel screw and is extended to just below the first bar on the grill. See the market for prices and contact details if you want one. Stainless steel will be used for production models.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Do they look at the air filter in Ford service?I was looking at the cold air intake and I think they done it narrow just to decrease the bugs into it specially on travelling at night!
How much is the new air filter?

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
ayman said:
Do they look at the air filter in Ford service?I was looking at the cold air intake and I think they done it narrow just to decrease the bugs into it specially on travelling at night!
How much is the new air filter?
Depends on what kind of filter you want. Most are running a K&N panel filter. They are around $130 depending where you look and will last the life of the car. They don't void warranty if that is what you are worried about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts