Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Most of you guys know I drive a stock as a rock AU1 XR8 auto. Well i bumped into a bloke from work in town last night who drives a pursuit 250 Ute. We've been talking about a run for a while, so we decided to cut all the bullshit and do it that night. Anyway, it was about 1:30am and not a car in sight. Pulled up to the lights, both stalled up (both auto) and off we go. I got him off the line and kep in front by just over a car length till about removed. By about removed he was a car length ahead and by removed he was 3 car lengths ahead. Yes he BLEW me top end, but bottom end I had him. His tyres are pretty bald on the rears, but mine aren't the best either thanks to heathcote. I was supprised, I thought he would have had me all over. We are going to have another run some other time, I think when he has some new rubber and I might have a mod by then too!

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
He must of been playing with you, Ive run a xr8 series 2 and fryed him it was a manual and so is my T3, but I have to agree the xr did have me in first but when we hit second it was all over red rover I think its becouce the xr didn't wheel spin as much and I sat there melting my Yokahamas

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After we got out he said ohh i had too much wheelspin and all this. And telling me how IRS is better to launch and that....

Well we will be runing again soon so I will see what happens.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
LOL....Cobra...mate, you've been up to no good since you got your beast.
Be careful...and please try to race on the track instead.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course it was a Private road Kerry....A private road with a set of traffic lights....

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Ha, you should rent that private road with trafic light's out Cobra,we could have meet's there,you could make some money out of it,Ha,ha, we would have to ignore the 60klm sign's though,ha.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Mate you will learn

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the whole point of this thread is gone now as the speed's in which I was ahead and taken over have been deleted. Ohh well, I never knew I breached the site's TOC. I guess I'll have to have another read of it....

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Very few cars can beat AUI XR8 until about 60k/h. The low down torque of that engine is amazing.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Cobra said:
I think the whole point of this thread is gone now as the speed's in which I was ahead and taken over have been deleted. Ohh well, I never knew I breached the site's TOC. I guess I'll have to have another read of it....
Probably a very good idea.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
did u really keep up to a pursuit TIKFD6??? :D ;)

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Yeah i remember that run

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ayman said:
Very few cars can beat AUI XR8 until about 60k/h. The low down torque of that engine is amazing.
I fail to see how an AU1 XR8 would have more low down torque than a pursuit 250!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Cobra said:
I fail to see how an AU1 XR8 would have more low down torque than a pursuit 250!
Especially when the T3's had more torque at 1800rpm than the AU XR8's had at peak.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TIKFD6 said:
I didnt keep level whith him, but it was pretty close, there is a few people on here who can comfirm.
Them i missed 3rd gear.
Ohh that infamous third gear hey kezza!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts