Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One nice car up for sale - serious buyers will appreciate its condition.

2000 Galaxy Blue Sedan
200 kw
52000 km on the clock
17" tickford Alloy Wheels
6 in dash CD Stacker
Lowered Suspension (by Pedders via Dealer)
Tinted Windows
Towbar
XR Mats
Weathershields
Bonnet/Headlight Protectors included
Air Condition
Cruise Control

http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/17033au11XR8-thumb.JPG

Full Service History by Dealer + Books (with 1 x 60000km scheduled service remaining)

Excellent condition all round

Selling for Bargain Price of $26000

Garaged at Hinchinbrook Sydney NSW

Guy
0438 787079

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still for sale - forgot to mention that price is negotiable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone got any feedback on the advetised car in this thread - is it really just a bad time to be trying to sell a car?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah not trying to make a fortune out of it - Wasn't going to let some dealer give me a trade for nothing like what it is worth (and then let them sell it later and make squillons on it).

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
What has it towed?

Do you have an auto trans cooler fitted?

Does it have full body kit, or rear spoiler only??

When do you need to sell this by?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ef_ghiaI6 said:
got any pics of it ?
Sorry I'm having all sorts of problems getting a picture scanned to the site. I have a picture on a floppy disk that I can email to anyone who wishes to provide an email address.

Can anyone help answer why a normal size picture cannot be scanned on to the site - I get an error messgae saying a normal size picture is to big?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JC said:
What has it towed?

Bike racks and a trailer (once). Towbar was only fitted for the kids bikes and after two trips they decided scooters and skatedboards are much "cooler"!

Because of the above It does not have any auto trans cooler fitted.

I guess it's not a pressing sale but having three cars and only two garages the wifes Sonata is sitting outside - much to her disgust. The quicker the better but I don't have to sell as a matter of urgency if that makes sense.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JC said:
What has it towed?

Sorry - rear spoiler only - opted out of the body kit because it is lowered and I was told I would keep pulling down the fronts "bits" of the kit that sit under the front guard

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RATT said:
Guy, What sort of $ would you accept from a dealer?
Peter Warren are the ones who have advised me that I would be insulted with the trade in value. Dealer is fully aware of the condition the car is in and the km's on it. No names on line but I am happy to take this aspect of the discussion off line if you wish.

Can you tell me what the best deal a dealer could actually give on such a vehicle.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
If its any indication i seen a car basically the same traded last week for $25,000, but i think it had a few more kms.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Trading a car in on a new car has nothing to do with the trade in price you are offered. It has EVERYTHING to do with the changeover price. Let me illustrate: dealer A offers you a trade-in price of $26k on a BA XR8 worth $55k - changeover is $29k. Dealer B offers you trade in price of $22k on a BA XR8 for $50k (same as $55k car above). Changeover = $28k. You get a better trade-in value from Dealer A, but an overall better deal from Dealer B. So it doesn't matter what a car was traded in at one dealer somewhere else - it all goes down to what the changeover price would be at YOUR dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JC said:
Trading a car in on a new car has nothing to do with the trade in price you are offered. It has EVERYTHING to do with the changeover price. Let me illustrate: dealer A offers you a trade-in price of $26k on a BA XR8 worth $55k - changeover is $29k. Dealer B offers you trade in price of $22k on a BA XR8 for $50k (same as $55k car above). Changeover = $28k. You get a better trade-in value from Dealer A, but an overall better deal from Dealer B. So it doesn't matter what a car was traded in at one dealer somewhere else - it all goes down to what the changeover price would be at YOUR dealer.
I understand what you are saying but when YOUR dealer tells you to take the car away and sell it privately because he knows the trade in value is an insult based on his day to day experiences what else can you make of it?

This is the same dealer that within my immediate family we have spent $200k+ with in just over 3 years (excluding business purchases/referrals) and he wants to try to look after me as much as possible.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>Excellently priced for 50,000 klm car <o:p></o:p>

</o:p>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts