Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had probs with these??

My last one lasted 4 days!!!! before it died .........

Car is only 12 months old and now its having its third Stereo in. I know a guy in the club has had the same probs.......anyone else??

I think Klosters may have had something to do with it this time, they had to hook up the big computer to code a new key for me. The stereo was stuffed after it came off the machine, of course Klosters say they had nothing to do with it!!.

just another thing....

At the same time they put in the new diff kit, i never had a prob with the diff but it wasnt done when they were recalled.

So i am driving home with no cd player and now i loose all gears except 2nd!!!!!!! Now im fuming, i had waited over 4 hours for an hours job and now this. Turns out it was only the selecter bolts that had come loose and fallen out. phew......If they never had anything to so with this its a big bloody conincidence!!!

Same day my mate put his AU2 XR8 5sd in for its 30k service and a few little warranty things like diff oil etc......His wife picked up the car after they had had it 4 days and guess what???? They hadnt done the service!!!!! Klosters service is run by complete $#@!#$$%

STAY AWAY FROM KLOSTERS YELLOW SERVICE TEAM!!!

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
I'm with you Rob..

If Kloster's do not lift their game, particularly in the Service Department area I for one will back up any action others may wish to take against them...

For all the phone call's and service standard surveys these joker's do they just don't seem to pay attention to what the customer has to say..

I agree with Rob whatever you do stay away from the "Yellow Service team" they are a bloody joke......

Nipper..............

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
XLR8 said:
Has anyone else had probs with these??

My last one lasted 4 days!!!! before it died .........

Car is only 12 months old and now its having its third Stereo in. I know a guy in the club has had the same probs.......anyone else??
When I picked up my car the salesman made a special effort to show me how to operate the 6CD unit. In particular he mentioned they have a lot of problems with people ruining the units by not operating them correctly. Not people's fault if they are not shown the details, but in the end it is all in the manual.

Is it just the CD part or the entire radio everything that dies?

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Klosters, did someone say Klosters. Ohh I just can't resist telling at least one of my experiences with their service department.

Had an EF company car which had blown a head gasket and apparently trashed the engine, so it was sent to Klosters for the engine swap and replace the back shocks. Well after almost daily phone calls I finally picked up the car 17 days later!! Wouldn't have gotten more than 5 minutes away and I hear clunking noises from the rear end, so I stop and stick my head under the back and sure enough they replaced the shocks but didn't bother to bolt them in!!! not...happy.... Jan!!

And incase you were wondering the invoice totalled to just under $6000 for a reco engine.

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR KLOSTERS FORD IN NEWCASTLE FOR ANY REASON

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: AU2 In dash 6 stacker

Aussie Pete said:

When I picked up my car the salesman made a special effort to show me how to operate the 6CD unit. In particular he mentioned they have a lot of problems with people ruining the units by not operating them correctly. Not people's fault if they are not shown the details, but in the end it is all in the manual.

Is it just the CD part or the entire radio everything that dies?
I understand there have been a few probs due to people loading the cd's incorrectly. Mine has had the cd's loaded for about 4 days, and **** itself after that bloody yellow team touched the car!!!

yeah radio is still working, should get new one today. They actually dont give you a new one, it is an exchance unit from BI in Melb

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Never had any problems my with 6-CD stacker (as mines Premium, it's got the cassette too.)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Mine lasted 4 weeks,

managed to rip it out , the whole unit while doing 110kph along hume, still bits and
peices of it on freeway after benella!!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
LOL

It wouldnt accept the cds, then jam up in there, I would have to eject em all and start again!

Not a good thing!

So I grabbed a clothes hanger, bent it into shapped popped the unit, threw it out the window!!!

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
lol

hope there was no-one behind you when you did it..hehe..they could have ended up with a nice prezzie in their windscreen.

·
1 bad 302
963 Posts
AU2 CD Stacker

Well guys,though it's not my car,my son bought a new AU2 ute awhile ago and when he took me for a burn,i found out why he was listening to the normal fm radio. Stupid in-dash 6 stacker.
Appears it tried to eject 2 cd's and now it's jammed. Only 400 k's till 15000 k service to fix the thing . Is this a "normal" problem???
TTFN Jon (dragonV8)

·
Australian XR8 Member
170 Posts
My first AUII XR8 had a standard deck - driving along one day it stopped playing CD's, the the antenna went up, radio on for 30 seconds, radio off, antenna down, CD crunching sound, antenna up, radio on and........ Seems there are a lot off failure and on Prem sound as well. All owners, cross fingers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts