Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Ford are going to use the AU2 XR8 front spoilers next year because i'm getting sick and tired of seeing the Fords with 3 year old AU1 spoilers.It's pissing me right off :fmad:
The cars would look hot with the T-Series front :cool:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
As has been said before on the forums, Ford had the option to go to the AU2 front end but chose not to for cost reasons. I can't see this changing....

·
gone
10,402 Posts
gms00 said:
Does anyone know if Ford are going to use the AU2 XR8 front spoilers next year because i'm getting sick and tired of seeing the Fords with 3 year old AU1 spoilers.It's pissing me right off :fmad:
The cars would look hot with the T-Series front :cool:

Nah

cost restraints!!!

It appears that we are stuck with the old front ends till 2003????

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Jeff Grech would probably run crying to Uncle Tony that the Fords were getting an aerodynamic advantage and get some sort of penalty imposed on them.:(

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
yeah that questions been answered before becasue I asked it. It really pisses me off aswell. I reckon that it would pay off showcasing the AU2 front or, how much does it actually cost for the change? anyone got an idea? They still use the ornage indicators which makes it look old but as long as the holden cars are looking at the ornage indicators i couldnt care less:D They're still calling it an AU2 without the visual change, so is there any mechanical change? Coz all the ratios are subject to change from track to track. Does holden use the whats linkage aswell at the rear?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
And on that subject you would think the headlight arrangement on the XR wouldn't give very good air flow over the front. Most race cars like to have a smooth face. Maybe they don't go fast enough to matter

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I know how we can dominate the V8 Supercars, just fit a pair of those XR headlight protectors to every Falcon in the series.

Surely we will win every race then.:nuts: :D :cool: ;) :p

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Adam W said:
I know how we can dominate the V8 Supercars, just fit a pair of those XR headlight protectors to every Falcon in the series.

Surely we will win every race then.:nuts: :D :cool: ;) :p
There is a question at craiglowndes.com.au about why they dont use the headlight protectors.
The answer was something about not being homologated....whatever the hell that is.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:

There is a question at craiglowndes.com.au about why they dont use the headlight protectors.
The answer was something about not being homologated....whatever the hell that is.
It means that when the kit was approved for racing the headlight covers weren't used.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
HSE2 said:

It means that when the kit was approved for racing the headlight covers weren't used.
I thought thats what it might have been.

T

·
0 Posts
Homologation is a term used for the introduction of a car in to racing circles. Basically it's the nice way of saying, well you've made 500 cars, youve sold 500 cars, so you can now enter one car in the shell series. As for the Headlight covers, If one Ford car has to run headlight covers then all cars, Holdens included, have to.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
headlight covers

Can you imagine trying to change a set of headlight covers in the pits?? They are a fiddly enough job at the best of times.

As for the XR fronts, I dont think many EB / ED / EF / EL'S ran than. Mostly standard falcon lights....ithinks?:nuts: ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts