Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
European Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any quick and easy ways to get more out of my car? What would a colder hear range spark plug do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
g'day not sure how much you want to spend but a good start would be a k&n filter for just over $100 you get better throttle response fuel economy and smoother running if you want more it's time to get your cheque book out..

·
BA XR6T
111 Posts
sjwau2xr6 - Tickford recommend that you don't change the heat range of the plugs for the I6 engine.
Only if you make SERIOUS mods to the engine should you even consider different plugs.
Hope this helps.

Bob.

·
Bradley :)
24 Posts
hmm power ups .. the best ive seen is a stainless steel air pipe running from the airbox to the throttle body , in our club 'Tickford Owners Club of W.A.' we have an ef xr6 that puts out 205 hp at the rear wheels with very few mods other than this style of pipe and exhaust mods (extracters etc) there is a picture of a similar styled pipe in the TOC of NSW tech pages under NOS ..

·
Can't get enough of it!
382 Posts
Hi MYXR8UTE,

Do you have contact details for the Tickford Owners Club of WA? I can't find any details anywhere else...

Tahnks,

Simon....

G

·
Simon,

Go to the Tickford web site (www.tickford.com.au) and click on the 'Clubs' link at the top of the page.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts