Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 400km on the odometer and all I want to say is guys, the AU2 XR8 is a majorly fine automobile. You can read all about it in Wheels mag, however from where I sit, there are further avenues to look at.

As you may know my car is a little more than 5 litres now, and is essentially the same engine etc as we will be seeing in the T-Series update. To say this car is an awesome package is being nice to HSV just to keep them grinning (for now). The chassis, the torque, the flexibility, and the overall driving experience is enough for me to say if you want a 5.6 T-Series order now.

There is a waiting list for most XR8 220s, and I can tell you a 5.6 in the Falcon chassis is very definitely the best car I have owned (and I've had more than 20).

To all the people at Ford Australia, Tickford, and Herrod Motorsport, I salute you. This is the package that will make the Holden boys realise we are TRULY BACK. And the quality can't hurt either!

And about time..... :D

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtho4 said:
Onya Pete! we will see pics of it very soon? :D
Yeah - time, time, time. Even have some photos of the car done up with wedding ribbon etc. I had to fight the concierge at Pier One to get my keys back! Everyone comments on the car - all positive.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Congrats on the new car Pete I guess the waiting was worth it.
So I gather the stroker motor goes a fair bit harder than the 220, which is good news for the T series.:D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
So how much extra Torque and HP has the 5.6 got over the 5.0.

Just to see if the T series figures that are being thrown around are in the ballpark.:D ;)

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Good to here that you have it and having some fun with it.

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I bet you can't wipe the smile off your face!!, nice one Pete. From what you have said so far, sounds like it's been well worth the wait. Keep us informed on how the whole package performs, looks like it's the way to go.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
why is the stroker 5.6litres if its 347ci. Or maybe i should ask why the ls1 is 5.7Litres if its 346ci? anyways goodonya mate. If i had 50 grand id prolly get one too.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
You lucky, lucky bastard! :D So do I get a go on the Oct trip? :eek: :D :nuts:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
el2xr8 said:
You lucky, lucky bastard! :D So do I get a go on the Oct trip? :eek: :D :nuts:
Hmmmm

Mate! I think we need to think up a anothoer challenge so you can drive Pete's car!!!

Hehehehe, heaps of mad ideas comming to mind!

BTW

Well done Pete after 3 months its great to see you in the car, it only seems like yesterday when i took you for a spin and blew the presure valvue off the blower!!!

Have you gone for the green pads, cause I tell you what, they make a huge difference in performance with your brake package!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
laminge said:

Hmmmm

Mate! I think we need to think up a anothoer challenge so you can drive Pete's car!!!

Hehehehe, heaps of mad ideas comming to mind!

Mate, I'm up for anything!! :cool: ... well.. actually, I'm not really... :D

However, tell us what you come up with!!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think everyone refers to the 347 stroker as a 5.6 to differentiate it from the 351. Yes, it is really a 5.7 and that is what my rego papers say.

As for power etc, this car does an easy 250kW with nothing else changed, although Rob Herrod believes it is really a 260kW conversion. With his exhaust this goes up to 270-280 and with Unichip a relaxed 280-290kW. I was after the torque and I tell you guys, this thing pulls like a train from under 1000rpm on very small throttle. It reminds me of my GTS-R only even better (that had 530Nm). Rob may be able to guess at torque since we have not dynoed my car yet (want to run it in first).

Anyone who comes on the October trip and is serious about their XRs is welcome to come for a ride and of course a select few close mates can have a drive. I predict T-Series is going to do a great job against the HSV cars. Both have their plusses and I love the way the current Clubbies drive, but in my humble oppinion the Falc is a better package with thius much power.

By the way guys, why wait for AV? This car is awesome and you are missing out if you are merely waiting for the new model.

(Sorry for the long post).

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
And that is a very good point. Depends on personal preferrence of course but for mine an AU T series of xr that is a proven package up against the new car that mgiht have some engineering unknowns, I know which way I would go.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well done Pete, geez the way you say this stroker can get easy 290kw with a chip and exhaust thats power. :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

BE interesting to see how this car will pull up mount ooslie(dunno the spelling) when she's got a few km's under the belt.

Look forward to seein your car soonish. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You lucky bastard!!!
Now, PICTURES and STATS please!!!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts