Ford Forums banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
can i put 2 hands up for the 2030 or would that be whore posting?

·
XR82GO
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
lmao post whoring i do believe. I will chat to you over the next few days AU2XLSV8 and will let you all know the prices i get from various workshops for the work.

once again guys thanks heaps for the help and guidance.

This is why everyone should donate to the forums a wealth of information and advice.
Bloody briliant....

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
Perana XR8 said:
The highlighted one has slightly less lift and duration than the Crane 2030, Idle will probly be a bit better but will have less power gain.
The Crow Cam 621371 has more advertised duration than either of the crane cams, but less lift. This could be a better auto cam, and your stock gt40p heads wont have much more flow over 0.50 lift.
I didn't prefer any cam imparticular, just thought the options should be explored, as you will only want to do a cam change once.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmmm yes but gt40p's flow better than e7's.

Yes Dodgie i'm gonna hound you until you fit those heads! I wanna see the difference it makes.

Sorry about the off topic post!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Another to consider is the Trickflow TFS-51402000 (This is one that Aussie Pete has in his Stroker)

IN/EX
221/225 Duration @ .050
.499/.510 Lift
112 Lobe Separation

Listed as being Good idle, strong midrange power.

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
AU2XLSV8 said:
Hmmmm yes but gt40p's flow better than e7's.

Yes Dodgie i'm gonna hound you until you fit those heads! I wanna see the difference it makes.

Sorry about the off topic post!
Yeah Yeah, right-o, I have to get some before head swap numbers first, like a 1/4 mile run and/or dyno run. Ive been having fuel issues lately too, which I am trying to nut out. Along with maybe having to move house and not being able to drive a broken car. Paitence grass hopper....

Back on topic.....good luck with your cam choice, and remember its not the destination, but the journey! Dont be in a rush to make a decision.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
The crow cams have a good idle, and were designed for the AU XR8's. It will not make as much power as the 2030/2031 cams but will stil give good results.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tried and tested paths say 2030 or 2031!

wow 50+ posts in 2 days thats pretty good!

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
If Slipper's 2030 cam is anything to go by the idle is fine... nowhere near as cranky as I had imagined one would be. His is calmed by a Unichip as yours will be with the ChipTorque. Definately go the 2030.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Yeah, the 2030 would be the safest bet for you IMO. Many people have used this setup with good results.

·
XR82GO
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Slight change in plans guys Have taken AU2XLSV8's advice on board after a couple of phone calls with him and a chat to Bob Romano as well.
Basicly looking at the sheer cost of labour on this job I would be a flippin moron not to do the heads as well :bang: should i get them ported was a question but thinking about it and na if i am going to do it I want to do it once and propally.

as it stands now :fraz:

The plan looks like waiting a little longer for some $$$ to build up and getting......

A set of complete Alloy heads
Matching manifold
And the 2030 cam along with the timing gear etc.

And should be seeing around 190-200rwkw one would hope :fraz: (making 160.1now)

So that would mean when the time comes my GT40p heads (complete) and inlet manifold, Cam etc would be for sale. Any one thats thinks they might be interested let me know And I'll keep you in mind when this happens...

:fraz: :fraz: :fraz: i'm swiming in this maze of figure i tell ya :fraz: :fraz: :fraz:​

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
sylox said:
...The plan looks like waiting a little longer for some $$$ to build up and getting......
Great to see that your going to get serious with your AU. The Windsors have so much potential. :thup:

41 - 60 of 142 Posts