Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
short version. Pacemakers and 3 inch system fitted. The vortec bracket was based on this ute... Yes i had a vortec blower on it and with excellant engineering worked well (204rwkw).... except for the tuning...dead engine! Rebuild ported heads better tune (200rwkw) killed the diff when going into 3rd gear racing a Monster of an (old) fairlane. The diff took the drive shaft and t5 with it as well as bending the crank (brass button clutch has no give). New rebuild... mechanic manages to set it on fire (YES FIRE). Ford finish rebuild with some small bottom end upgrades and gives it back to me at 120rwkw (expensive but warrantee'd). I tinker and tinker and get it to 130 rwkw, tinker some more 134rwkw, TAke it to Redcliff dyno and replace filter clear error codes and get 137rwkw (current). I have a couple of small inlet changes to make before ecu upgrade (2 weeks away if lucky) and then cam change (few months). Then i'll consider s/c again.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
It's a shame that you went through a bad patch. Hopefully you will bring it up to scratch and supercharge the beast again. Gotta say, for factory wheels, they are one of my favourite style of rims!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! mine too, i wasn't so keen on the series 2 xr wheels.

I'm hoping for good results with this computer upgrade and then i'll go the cam and if that goes well s/c hear we come AGAIN! But i want good results to warrant keeing the ute! No bulls^&t half arsed mechanics this time!

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
JEEZZUSS....and I thought I had the worst luck with mods....take care mate.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well your more patient than me buy the looks of it! But yes rest assure your not alone in the 'For F$%K sake get it right' file!

Thanks for the encourage ment. She's in for the ecu upgrade at redcliff dyno next week!

P.S. i used to work at harvey norman just down the road from 'gas research'. nice machine you got.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts