Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are peoples experiences with purchasing from auctions..... I am currently searching for a eb2 or ed to do a manual conversion.... I'm interested to know how much people have got or seen an eb or ed statuary write off sell for????

Bertis

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
all i can say is that i purchased an EF II Ghia from auctions a few weeks ago, been rolled over and every panel is stuffed, anything INSIDE the car is perfectly fine so i'm pleased with my purchase, manual's will be hard to find but if u keep an eye out on the auction website i'm sure you'll find what you're after.
price is hard to judge, it all depends on whos after what u want, have seen EF GLi's go for just over $1000 with rear damage (auto) but at the same time, side damaged EL GLi went for $2000, so just a matter of going a few times to see what u want goes for.

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I want it for parts..... a rolled car would be perfect for what I want.... I have $1200 but I will need to pay to get it home probably..... just dont wanna get ripped off..... and dont really have much time to study what a good price is.... yeah they are very rare.... probably gonna get one from pickles in tullamarine eventually.... theirs a ED futura 5spd with light front damage but i'd say it will go for to much to worry about because it looks fixable

·
Registered
326 Posts
Bertis,I worked for Fowles for 3 years and have seen damaged cars sell for ridiculous money.With a damaged car,you are taking a chance that the mechanicals are OK.You will also be competing against the car theives for the car.They don't care what the mechanicals are like,they are only after the wreck's VIN and compliance plates and will pay accordingly.I have seen cars that people have crashed or damaged on purpose to disguise an existing expensive mechanical fault in order to get an insurance payout.You're better off buying a mobile car with a road test report on it because that way if the report is wrong at least you should get some help or a refund.If you buy a wreck and the engine/gearbox/whatever is stuffed,you have done your money.There are mobile cars sold at auction that are a bit shabby,but not accident damaged,and these usually sell for less than the wrecks.The hard part is finding one.Hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Bertis EB2, i go to Pickles auction in Tullamarine every week or so, and i think its the best auction i been to, i been to Fowles alot, just went to Fowles last week....

But at pickles u will find many bargains.... i got my XF Ghia, no damage at all and doesnt need a VIV for $350, i saw an ED once go for $400 no damage but the engine just had burnt bits in it.... but in the end it really depends on the bidders, if not much ppl bid then ur lucky, its just by chance...

there is alot of EB's and ED's at pickles, trust me, im their every week :p :p :p

hope that gives u an idea, if u wanna know where pickles auction is let me know

thnx
xftrbo

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I gonna be taking a bit of a risk..... its why I choose eb,ed over ea because the parts are better..... including the gearbox apparently.... also not as old
shit $400 for ed with no damage...... ya would be happy just to pick up the ed gearbox for that price.... thanks for the offer but I know how to get to pickles in tullamarine..... thing is I am after a manual.... and they are RARE...... Theirs one at it this week

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Auction/VehicleDetail?item_id=250090744

anyone wanna take a stab at how much that will sell for???? I only got $1200 I might take a day off tafe and go down and see if I can win it..... would rather something with more damage and not a futura.... so I might wait to

thanks for the replys
Bertis

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only took 1 grand down and it went for $ 1150 :S...... not cheap.....

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just been thinking over the last couple of days..... I seen this car down at my local car sales joint.... no VIN,rego,RWC.... been stollen but is in immaculate condition inside out..... brand new head put on it..... would I be able to buy this for $1600 which is what they are asking for it and switch trans then sell it off for say $1200 as is... that way I am getting most of my money back.... dad recons I'm insane but anyways tell me what you think about it????

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
no VIN ??? wouldnt go near it if you paid me.

I would like to buy a STAT write off, maybe an ef/el ghia and transfer all the bits (interior mostly) that way it can't be re-registered so should be less interest in it :0)

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really... I thought ya could buy the vin back.... yeah I want a stat write off as well but I can never find a manual eb/ed stat write off..... yeah I gonna grab some interior goodies off the wrecked car I get to.... hehe

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
To the best of my knowledge the VIN dies with the car. It is to try and stop re-birthing, but I am sure it still happens.

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh well buggar that idea...Someone told me I could probably buy the vin back for $200 but I dont think they knew what they where talking about....I will just have to be patient and find a stat written off eb/ed.... people recon that pickles went for ridiculous prices this week so hopefully not so bad next week.... could go for this . http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Auction/VehicleDetail?item_id=250092256
but I'd say being an spak it will make a bit over a grand easy.....

when I crashed my car it looked exactly like this.... but for some stupid reason they decided to fix mine, instead of giving me the money.... grrrr

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
IMPORTANT INFO: not exactly relating to topic but very close. i myself bought a 1986 panelvan this week from the damaged section at fowles. i didnt see it in person just the pic on the net. i paid $450 for it. it has very minimal rust is extremely straight, the motor and trans are perfect and the air con works. it cost $110 from melb to warrnambool on a local transport truck. went to pick it up and being stolen/recovered it has no keys. $18 for a locksmith to open it and cut a key and a trip to the wreckers to get his box of ford keys for the ignition. now for the IMPORTANT PARTS: a car that is OVER 15 years old from its build date will NOT have a VIV regardless, a simple RWC is all that is needed to put it on the road.I open the hood of the panelvan and there is NO COMPIANCE PLATE OR VIN PLATE. they had been drilled out and discarded. went to VICROADS and found that any car built before 1988 DOES NOT require a compiance plate of any sorts. this particular car is in their computer and the engine and chassis numbers match so all i need to do is get a RWC and thats all. if however that the car is after 1988 or even before but is NOT in their computer you will need a report from the police and a FULL ENGINEERS certifacte to verify the car is not a rebearth. also if the chassis number and or engine number has been crossed out or ground off youve just done your money all together unless it was a donor car that was never seeing the road again anyway.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
seen a side damaged NL V8 go for just over $5k.
a slight rear damage (bumper/ rear quarters and boot) NL 6 go for just over $5k
NF V8 most front panels gone and interior real dirty was $3k something

thats all i can remember, they've got them fairly often though

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damaged eb2 Spack went for $1100 :(...... set a limit of 900 bucks on it..... should have went higher it was a good car..... good mags 2.... hopefully can come across another one..... gonna be waiting a while :'(..... anyone know how much a set of EL or EF FPV mags go for or whayever they are..... they sorta look like tickfords but curve I love them...... they suit ea-ed way more than the el's..... today I seen a fairmont ed with them shitty plate mags on them but they looked good cause he had the center part painted black and something else done to them..... polished maybe..... they looked really good, and I have always hated them mags....I have been surprised at pickles that the burnt cars seem to make $200-300 and they are nothing but metal and wires...... anyways their aint any eb,ed manuals this week at pickles :(...... does anyone know if this theory about the eb manuals being stronger than the ea's is true???? was thinking about just getting an ea and buying a computer but the last thing I want is a weak box.....

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd say the ea box would be a different box from the eb2,ed...... I found these ratio's

EA,Series 1 EB - T5D

First - 3.50
Second - 2.14
Third - 1.39
Fourth - 1.00
Last - 0.78
Rev - 3.39

Series 2 EB,ED T5OD

1st - 3.25
2nd - 1.99
3rd - 1.29
4th - 1.00
5th - 0.72
Rev - 3.15

·
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I finally got a car its a white eb2 manual T5...... its got a slight noise at the arse end I think its either the diff or the fuel pump..... if its the diff then its not gonna last the first day when I get it back here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts