Fairlane - About 200

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/goauto.nsf/story2/NT000EEFC2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some other figures.....

Camry 2380
Magna 1941

Falcon Ute 1432 (Ford is doing well here).
Holden Ute 922 (Company Record. Motor says that SS makes up 35% of Holden Ute sales, Holden preicted 10% before release - Must have been that Thunderstruck ad. )

August total all brands 65,185

2001 Year to date:
Holden 108,706
Toyota 90,610
Ford 70,159

This was Holden's best August total since 1979 and according to them was due to increased private sales.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford:
Glad to have been one of these..... ;) Still, less than 10k units isn't exactly good......

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
your small and medium car segment is sucking.The Falcon is giving Holden a run still in the large car segment.Ford seems to do quite well in the commercial segment here running neck and neck with Toyota.holden hardly features in that area here.Hi lux and Courier rule.Do you have many explorers about.They are considered top of the line here.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
.Do you have many explorers about.They are considered top of the line here.

WTF!!!! Without saying too much to put my job in jeopardy, they are considered the bi#$gest b**ket of S#@t over here! Not selling real well, and for the $$$ you could buy a Landcruiser with all the shebangs!

Maybe I should consider exporting explorers to NZ??? anyone else interested???

The best thing I ever saw done to an explorer was a movie about dinousaurs.......:D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
botch said:

WTF!!!! Without saying too much to put my job in jeopardy, they are considered the bi#$gest b**ket of S#@t over here! Not selling real well, and for the $$$ you could buy a Landcruiser with all the shebangs!

The best thing I ever saw done to an explorer was a movie about dinousaurs.......:D :D
Mike Jones does a good job with an Explorer in one of the Crusty Demons videos ;)
I have to agree with you comments on the Explorers, not just because I'm a Holden fan. I recently spent a bit of time being a passenger in an Explorer and I couldnt think of many positive comments. It had too many squeaks and rattles (bloody annoying) on normal suburban roads for a car as new as it was, un-comfortable seats and the ugly American plastic interior didnt exactly seem the best quality. But apart from that it was ok ;) The Jap 4WDs seem much better for the same $$$.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Every man and his dog over here has a bloody 4wd Jap SUV import so if you are in the money then you have an AMERICAN Explorer rather than a Toyota or Mitsi.No black diesal smoke.Soon to be V8 power as well.I'm not sayin they are better than the Landcruiser but they a getting to be a status symbol.Japper or American your choice.The new one is sposed to be a lot better.I dont own one but they look good on the road.

·
Registered
880 Posts
botch said:

Funny that! A friend of mine has an Explorer and he says its the best S.U.V (4 wheel drive) that he has every had. He has had Land Crusiers, Pajeros, etc, etc and he says it rocks. New model is out soon and from what i've heard it's pretty good.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Guy's the new Explorer is already on sale in NZ, I had a look at it the other day and I was quite impressed - it looks more menacing on the roads and it appears to look bigger than the increased dimensions suggest.

There are 3 models,

XLT V6,
XLT V6 (leather)
Limited 4.6l V8.

$67,900 - $75,400.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Space Lord said:

Funny that! A friend of mine has an Explorer and he says its the best S.U.V (4 wheel drive) that he has every had. He has had Land Crusiers, Pajeros, etc, etc and he says it rocks. New model is out soon and from what i've heard it's pretty good.
That sounds better.Of the 20 or so people that live on our road here, there are about 3 landcruisers couple of pajero's 1 or 2 Nissan Patrols and 4 Toyota prado's.It's a dam invasion.Go Explorer.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
J-type said:
Guy's the new Explorer is already on sale in NZ, I had a look at it the other day and I was quite impressed - it looks more menacing on the roads and it appears to look bigger than the increased dimensions suggest.

There are 3 models,

XLT V6,
XLT V6 (leather)
Limited 4.6l V8.

$67,900 - $75,400.
Ahh they are out.
I havn't seen them in the flesh but have seen pic's and I like them.Mind you i liked the old ones too and i can't say i've ever really wanted to own a vehicle like that.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Big Block Ford said:

That sounds better.Of the 20 or so people that live on our road here, there are about 3 landcruisers couple of pajero's 1 or 2 Nissan Patrols and 4 Toyota prado's.It's a dam invasion.Go Explorer.
It's not the best selling S.U.V in the world for nothing!!!! About 445,000 sold last year all over the globe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts